Posted in Restaurant - Food Service 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
At RH we believe deeply that the "right" people are our greatest asset. We value people with high energy, who possess the ability to energize others. People who are smart, creative and have a point of view. People who see the answer in every problem, versus those who see the problem in every answer. People who are driven, determined and won't take "no" for an answer. We value team players, people who are more concerned with what's right, rather than who's right.
RH is seeking a Line Cook with the ability to support company leadership in the execution of business strategies. This includes: maintaining all kitchen cooking and service standards, assisting with product check-in and rotation, supporting management in executing with excellence all aspects of the culinary program, and providing world class customer service to internal and external guests while taking great care of the equipment and facilities. The responsibilities listed below are indicative of the nature of the position and can be modified due to organizational changes, new business developments, or expansion of the position.
KEY JOB TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Live Our Values: People, Quality, Service and Innovation
- Deliver first-class service to both internal and external guests
- Support the Executive Chef, Sous Chef, and Jr Sous Chef and all kitchen team members with daily tasks to ensure readiness for service
- Ensure all recipes and orders are executed at the highest possible standards of accuracy and in a timely manner
- Responsible for the daily setup and break down of the kitchen including their specific stations
- Communicate order and/or prep needs to the Chef or Sous Chefs
- Taste food during production and service to ensure quality and consistency
- Label, date and properly rotate all food and ingredients.
- Consistently uphold the highest standards of cleanliness and sanitation
- Receive and check in orders to ensure their quality and accuracy
- Assume responsibility for their entire station and all ingredients/prep on that station
- Ensure the kitchen and all storage areas are clean and organized throughout the course of the day
- Engage guests when appropriate to make them feel welcomed and "at home"
- Always provide the highest quality service to internal and external guests
- Assist with onsite and offsite events
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge/interest in RH core furnishings business
- Be knowledgeable of all food and beverage offerings
- Complete any additional tasks as assigned by Food & Beverage Management or Gallery Leaders
- Attend and participate at all scheduled meetings and trainings
- Participate in teamwork and foster harmonious working climate
- Communicate with management any product or service issues or opportunities for the Kitchen area
- Embrace change and deliver top results no matter the obstacle
- Minimum of 2 years relative experience in hospitality industry
- ServSafe Manager Certified
- Strong food and beverage knowledge with an emphasis on ingredient driven seasonal cuisine, wine and beer
- Great knife skills and experience on hot and cold line
- Energetic, accountable and team oriented
- Ability to work independently and with all levels of leadership in a fast paced environment
- Team player with enthusiastic outlook and creative mind
- Strong decision making abilities
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Willingness to contribute ideas, take ownership of and go beyond their responsibilities to ensure the success of the team
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work standing and walking for extended periods of time
- This position is full time. Candidates must be willing to have flexible schedules and must be willing to work weekends, evenings, and holidays in rotation.