Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Conroe, Texas
Thank you for your interest in our company! To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information. You may review, modify, or update your information by visiting and logging into your account.
JOB FUNCTION / SUMMARY:
Responsible for management, retention, and growth of top Merchant relationships within the bank-owned portfolio. This position serves as a primary point of contact for client escalations with potential material financial, compliance and/or reputational impact to the client and/or company and provides strategic and tactical support for the top revenue generating clients within the assigned Merchant portfolio, including but not limited to coordinating client implementations and projects, identifying, analyzing and resolving operational issues, ensuring appropriate follow-up communications with internal and external stakeholders, and collaborating with others to meet the clients payment needs, as well as broader business objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Proactively manage, retain and grow client relationships with Merchant Services revenue greater than $50,000/year within the assigned client portfolio, including account implementation and activation, client training, on-site visits and relationship reviews, ongoing education and training, and other customer management tasks and projects, as required.
* Drive development and effective execution of business strategies for consistently achieving customer loyalty and satisfaction, as well as retention and profitability goals across the Merchant Services customer portfolio.
* Proactively develop and implement policies, procedures and controls to create best-in-class customer experience supported by well-managed, scalable and compliant operational infrastructure.
* Serve as a primary point of contact for Merchant Services VIP clients, business partners and vendors. Maintain a strong, working relationship with the operational and senior management personnel for assigned clients through proactive outreach.
* Proactively contribute to implementation and development of Merchant Services strategies based on customer insights and direction from Executive Management Team to support growth in client engagement and revenue. Proactively identify changes or enhancements needed to improve the quality of customer experience. Drive improvement in end-to-end customer and associate experience. Identify and remove barriers that slow or prevent the successful attainment of program improvements.
* Ensure regular communication with Executive Management to enable awareness of accomplishments, support needs, and performance issues with the LOB. Drive development and delivery of customer management reporting necessary to effectively monitor individual processes, LOB and company goals.
* Drive education and training of Merchant Services Relationship Managers, Sales Associates and business partners on Merchant Services Customer Support program and their respective responsibilities in carrying out the program.
* Follow a 360-degree approach to development and use of knowledge and awareness to support LOB growth by promoting and educating direct reports, peers and business partners around Merchant Customer Support, as well as client services-related performance metrics.
* Maintain and consistently apply strong knowledge base of payment card industry, core Card Brand rules and regulations, Merchant Acquiring and Banking technology, products and pricing. Proactively educate clients, direct reports, peers and business partners on the products and services. Understand and stay well informed of industry developments, trends and technology/product advances as well as revising initiatives to meet developing competitive and industry risks. Leverage the vendor community, industry events and forums and benchmarking to best-in-class providers.
* Proactively contribute to development of new product offers, technology or business growth opportunities through continuous monitoring of customer and business partner feedback, market trends, and competitor activities.
* Serve as primary escalation point for Relationship Manager I and II associates and oversee Merchant operations in the absence of the Client Services and Risk Manager.
* Manage other critical business processes and projects, as assigned.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, procedures and applicable laws; Provides guidance and oversight to and is responsible for the coordination and evaluation of the assigned team. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring and training associates; planning, assigning and directing work; performance management; associate compensation; approving expense reports; addressing concerns and resolving problems.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
* Bachelor s Degree or equivalent of experience and education is required; advanced degree is preferred.
* 8+ years of proven customer/account management, payments and/or financial industry experience with a minimum of 5 years of banking experience required.
* Active Certified Payments Professional (CPP) designation is preferred.
* Proven record of success in customer service, relationship building and account management.
* Excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
* Excellent problem-solving, analytical, quantitative and technical aptitude with great attention to detail.
* Self-motivated, driven, with a proven track record of exceeding goals.
* Ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment, based on high-level direction, with minimal amount of supervision.
* Excellent teamwork, initiative and ability to effectively lead others.
* Proficient using Microsoft Office applications (Excel and PowerPoint proficiency is required).
* Flexible, versatile and dependable.
* Ability to travel when required (25%).
ESSENTIAL MENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Ability to travel if required to perform the essential job functions
* Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines
* Ability to operate related equipment to perform the essential job functions
* Ability to read and interpret a document if required to perform the essential job functions
* Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 10 pounds if required to perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing the department/division an undue hardship then the employee must be accommodated; hence omitting lifting/moving/carrying as a physical requirement.
This job description is only valid as of the date it was revised. Please contact the HR Compensation Department to obtain the latest version. Information contained herein should be treated as confidential to Hancock Whitney.
NOTHING IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION RESTRICTS MANAGEMENT'S RIGHT TO ASSIGN OR REASSIGN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO THE JOB AT ANY TIME
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious beliefs, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or history of disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, disabled veteran, or other protected characteristics as required by federal, state and local laws.