Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Wichita, Kansas
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
· Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career with us! Submit your application today!
One of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas! Wesley is the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Their preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high-quality medical services Wesley offers. It includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at Wesley Medical Center. Wesley Medical Center is an acute-care center licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. As a leader in overall recommend care, Wesley treats more than 24,000 patients annually and delivers more than 6,000 babies - more than any hospital in a 13 state region. Wesley provides the most extensive emergency network in Wichita with the Wesley ER, Wesley West ER, Wesley Derby ER and Wesley Woodlawn ER. Founded in 1912 by a regional organization of the Methodist Church, Wesley has been an HCA facility since 1985.
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs individualized patient-focused care and technical tasks under the direct delegation of a registered nurse that are based on the developmental levels of the department's specific patient population. Assist patients with the activities of daily living utilizing a patient-centered approach. Serves as a patient advocate working in a collaborative manner with the interdisciplinary team. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
* Performs individualized patient-focused care and technical tasks under the direct delegation of a registered nurse
* Assists with the care of the patient in collaboration with the patient care team
* Maintains and applies principles of patient safety
Ensures decisions and actions on behalf of patients are determined in an ethical manner
Participates in the improvement of operational functions and of patient care
Establishes communication and respectful relationships with all disciplines
Recognizes when and how to escalate patient concerns up the chain of command
HERE IS WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
· Tuition Reimbursement & Student Loan Repayment
· Certification Bonus and Voucher system
· Dependent Scholarship
· 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
· Employee Stock Purchase Plan
· Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
· Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
· Financial Wellness Program with a CFP
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED REGISTRATION, LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION
* Current Basic Life Support (BLS) verification course, as specified in policy
REQUIRED EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE
* Completion of high school diploma or GED equivalent
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* Effective oral and written communication skills
* Basic personal computer skills
* Multi-tasking and prioritization skills
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
* One year nurse assistant experience in an acute care setting
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.