Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Winston Salem, North Carolina
At Old Vineyard Behavioral Health Services, we are helping to create brighter, healthier futures for our patients and their families. We are the Piedmont Triad's only private psychiatric hospital meeting the chemical dependency illnesses and behavioral healthcare needs of those in our community. Our 164-bed inpatient services for adolescents through senior adulthood offers comprehensive and individual assessments, psychiatric evaluation and medication stabilization, daily group therapy and personalized aftercare planning. We also offer a Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient Treatment Program to ensure the continuum of care for our patients. Old Vineyard is accredited by The Joint Commission and certified by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
We are passionate about our work and are looking for individuals who share in this passion. We are currently seeking Mental Health Technicians (MHTs) to join our talented and caring team. Our ideal candidate will possess strong multitasking skills, the ability to provide compassionate and competent care to a diverse patient population, must be able to build and maintain positive professional relationships with all hospital staff and patients, as well as demonstrate professional, effective communication skills.
THIS POSITION WORKS EVERY SATURDAY & SUNDAY FROM 7PM TILL 7AM (NIGHTS).
Old Vineyard offers competitive pay and an excellent benefits package, including:
* Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
* Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
* 401(k) with Matching Contribution
* Other Voluntary Supplemental Benefits (Short-Term & Long-Term Disability, Employee Discount Program, Employee Assistance Program, Auto/Home Insurance, Pet Insurance, Identity Protection, etc.)
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Paid Time Off and Paid Sick Leave
* Facilitates patient groups on a variety of topics (materials provided by facility) in a productive and therapeutic manner.
* Contributes to the effective implementation of individual treatment plans of patients through; supervision, positive interaction and role modeling and appropriate documentation of observed behaviors.
* Completes accurate, timely and legible documentation on patients behavior as outlined by policy, reports, observations to relevant staff and makes recommendations based on observations. Assists in preparation of other behavioral reports as required.
* Maintains safety and security of the patients, visitors and staff through close observation and monitoring of patients, maintaining optimal physical proximity, remaining alert at all times, and using analytical forethought to anticipate potentially volatile or unsafe situations and proactively intervene.
* Promotes development of patients daily living skills through appropriate assignment, instruction and supervision of tasks.
* Assesses and ensures the needs of the patients are being met in relation to clothing, linens, and personal hygiene supplies. Supervises personal hygiene tasks.
* Escorts patients to mealtime, outdoor/indoor recreation and educational activities and participates in their supervision instruction as needed. Transports patients to and from medical appointments or other activities as directed.
* Provides appropriate crisis intervention as necessary by anticipating and responding quickly to escalating behaviors, utilizing verbal de-escalation techniques to diffuse the situation, correctly prioritizing safety concerns, following proper restraint technique guidelines, and displaying neutral emotions.
* Assists in the patient admission process (searches new admissions, documents patient belongings, takes vital signs, etc.)
* Assists in the patient discharge process ensuring that patients have all personal belongings and completing required paperwork.
* Attends mandatory in-services and/or completes required web-based training.
* Demonstrates respect and tolerance for all patients without regard to age, gender, race, national origin, disability status, religion and/or lifestyle choice (s).
* Assumes responsibility for professional development and ongoing education.
* Maintains a professional appearance and attitude.
* Serve actively and constructively as a member of the multi-disciplinary treatment team, supporting the hospital philosophy of care; to ensure the safety and well-being of every patient.
* BA or BS in social work, psychology or a related field preferred
* If no BA or BS, 3 years minimum experience required working with behavioral health/substance abuse population
* American Heart Association CPR & First Aid certification preferred
* Ability to develop therapeutic relationships with patients and families
* Ability to facilitate therapeutic groups with patients
Education: Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, or related field preferred
Experience: If no degree, minimum of 3 years experience in social services/healthcare field
All employment at UHS is with one of the subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc., including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. Universal Health Services is a holding company.
UHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such, openly supports and fully commits to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.