Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Richardson, Texas
Oversees the day to day supervision of the insurance verification/authorization department to ensure coordination of patient care between various departments of the agency occurs in a timely manner. Manages the department s functions in order to support the revenue growth of the company. Ensures the department operates in accordance to local, state, and federal regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Manage and oversee the complete insurance authorization department including the processing of all authorizations and care coordination between field employees.
* Establishes, monitors and evaluates productivity standards by conducting audits for completion of all appropriate verification and authorization documentation
* Consults and communicates with all member of the verification and authorization department on a regular basis to coordinate and address work assignments
* Ensures all documents are in order and submitted timely
* Prepares all required reports.
* Assists in establishing, monitoring and evaluating productivity standards by conducting audits for completion of all appropriate verification and authorization documentation
* Prepares required reports
* Provides effective communication skills to patient/family, team members, branch staff and other health care professionals
* Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in insurance verification/authorizations
* 2-3 years experience in healthcare verification and authorization functions
* Strong knowledge of medical terminology
* Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws relating to financials of a company
* Strong problem-solving abilities
* Leadership ability
* Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with ability to communicate with all levels of employees within an organization as well as communicate effectively with all external customers / vendors / health care providers
* Strong written communication skills
* Excellent attention to detail
* Excellent organizational and time management skills
* Excellent ability to multi-task
* Strong computer skills including health care billing systems, Microsoft office and Outlook
Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines
Envision Physician Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.