Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Title: Embedded Software Engineer Intern
Location: Eden Prairie, MN
Job Length: June August
Trimble Transportation Mobility (TTM)
Trimble Transportation is in business for optimizing the movement of freight by providing shippers and carriers both mobility, enterprise and visibility software tools they need to run their businesses more efficiently. As the leading provider of Transportation Management Software (TMS), Asset Management Software (AMS), and Fleet Management Software (FMS) we are devoted to propelling companies in the trucking industry toward increased efficiency, lower costs and optimized operations.
At TTM we are passionate about our people, our customers, our culture, and especially our technology. Here you can be a part of a development team utilizing bleeding edge technologies to tackle complex challenges. This is an exceptional opportunity to make a real difference in a self-empowered and agile organization that encourages new ideas through collaboration and creativity. Come join us and help us build the technology that will define the future of fleet mobility solutions.
* Research problems to validate that the software does indeed have an issue
* Identify root cause issue in the system software
* Present software solution/fix to the development team
* Document problem and resolution in software tracking system
* Challenge everything - Push yourself and others by asking how we can be better in all aspects of our work
* Ensure the team s work is of high quality through the use of best practices such as coding standards, unit testing, and code reviews
* Collaborate in a culture that promotes passion in technology
Specific Projects Intern would contribute to include:
* This position will be primarily tasked with assisting the Vehicle Platform Team in researching, troubleshooting, and resolving development issues with associated embedded systems. You will be part of a development team whose primary responsibility is continuation engineering support for the PeopleNet On-Board Computer system.
* Working towards a 4 year degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar field of study
* Programming experience in C language
* Technical debugging skills and problem solving abilities
* Enjoy collaborating with a team and a strong communicator
Knowledge with any of the following is a plus:
* Operation of LINUX computer as a development platform
* Design experience for embedded LINUX systems
* Embedded microprocessor experience: ARM7, 9, Cortex-A8
* Working knowledge of serial and communication protocols
* Source control such as Git/GitHub
Trimble Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D