Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Castle Rock, Colorado
The Lifeguard, working as part of the aquatics team, will deliver professional customer service and relationship building skills to create a welcoming environment at the YMCA. The individual will be responsible for providing a safe, clean, attractive and fun aquatic facility for people of all abilities. The incumbent will also exhibit the core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility in all aspects of their work with the YMCA.
1. Maintain safety in pool at all times. You will guard the pool using YMCA approved techniques and procedures.
2. Report to work when scheduled and on time. Report all schedule changes to your supervisor immediately.
3. Be dressed in appropriate attire (uniform) and identifiable with a nametag/name posted in pool area at all times.
4. Educate participants to all pool rules and enforce rules as required.
5. Be familiar with and act on all emergency procedures. Follow and enforce all YMCA procedures and policies, including: personnel guidelines, facility access procedures and membership policies.
6. Remain current on all mandatory trainings and attend all required staff meetings. Be tested periodically on CPR, First Aid, and any other applicable safety procedures.
7. Report all accidents and incidents to your supervisor immediately using proper forms.
8. Maintain a clean and safe YMCA. Take initiative to clean up and/or repair areas as noted.
9. Be visible to members at all times-work towards branch membership retention goals.
10. Provide quality customer service at all times.
11. Be knowledgeable and supportive of the YMCA annual support campaign.
12. Communicate participant concerns to your supervisor.
13. Perform chemical checks as indicated.
14. Wear protective gear when handling biohazard materials.
15. Perform any other duties assigned by your supervisor.
16. HAVE FUN!!!