This position will report to the CIO and be a member of the IT Leadership team that is responsible for building and developing the IT team, establishing strategies and priorities, and driving transformational programs to support business growth. He/she will work closely with business leaders to develop IT strategy and technology plans to keep pace with the business demands. This person will be responsible for enterprise-wide business analytics and applications supporting Commercial, Finance, BD, HR, and other functions (non-ERP business applications). The incumbent must establish partnerships with key business stakeholders and subject matter experts in order to design and implement strategic plans as well as support current operations. This includes ensuring necessary guidelines, standards, policies and procedures, training material, etc. are developed and institutionalized to support the business and IT. The Director must be knowledgeable in good business processes as well as IT platforms in the pharmaceutical industry and be enthusiastic about driving transformational change. Business applications will primarily include Commercial, Finance, HR, content management, HR systems, Legal systems, & Serialization. Akorn emphasizes nimble, cross-functional teams so a great deal of collaboration in IT as well as functional teams across the enterprise is expected. The role has leadership responsibility of a departmental team, vendor management, and budget management. The primary objective is to implement a multi-year roadmap for Finance and Commercial platforms, and business analytics. The incumbent must be experienced in simplifying processes and reducing manual operations, while providing greater insight to key business metrics across the enterprise. The Director understands the processes performed by functional business areas and is proficient at servicing these functional business areas with business process re-engineering and IT deployment initiatives. The Director will be someone who can thrive in an exceptionally fast-paced environment that has equally high expectations of their team, vendors, and business partners. They will be someone who can see the “Big Picture”, and who can identify and execute projects and services that have significant business impact.
• Provide leadership and direction to Business Application team in assessing the near and long-term Business Intelligence (BI) and enterprise application technology and process requirements; create a roadmap for the delivery of solutions in line with business priorities. • Direct cross-functional teams to assess processes and design solutions in accordance with industry-leading best practices. • Develop and lead the BI team, supporting the needs of the business through design and development of actionable analytics, taking business requirements from concept through deployment • Manage a comprehensive Business Intelligence (BI) program to supply executives and functions with well-defined metrics and analytical capabilities. • Assess IT Commercial capabilities and lead initiatives to assess priorities and deliver IT platforms and good practices supporting contract sales, indirect sales, branded sales, wholesaler inventory management, etc. • Develop and support platforms for chargebacks and government pricing. • Lead technical solutions for gross-to-net reporting. • Define department process improvement goals, setting clear objectives and key results. • Develop and maintain the business applications roadmap, including areas of prioritization, management, maintenance and oversight of business applications • Effectively manage budgets to contain cost and deliver on key investments. • Ensure department alignment to the overall IT strategy. • Collaborate cross-functionally and build strong, productive relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
Attract, retain, and develop team members with a focus on service orientation, technical capability and continuous improvement. The incumbent will be responsible for managing a diverse team to foster an environment of collaboration, teamwork and metrics-based execution. Engage, manage, and develop direct reports to be IT leaders of the future. Present and lead discussions between the business and IT. Attract and build bench strength that allows for succession planning. Sponsor, lead and coordinate projects and work activities at all levels of the organization. Identify, set, and manage agreed-upon SLAs. Ensure Business Applications operations and staff maintains strict compliance with IT & corporate policies.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIES
• Contributes to the broader IT strategy as a member of the IT Leadership Team (ITLT). • Develops and implements departmental goals and objectives with input from CIO and other leaders as appropriate. • Hands-on leader who evaluates problems and develops and implements solutions. • Flexible/Creative – Must be able and willing to think outside of the box to create solutions and demonstrate flexibility within the role. • Challenges the status quo in looking for more efficient practices. • Leads by example and serves as professional role model. • Understands, teaches and implements elements of empowerment and team building. • Drives for Results – Action oriented and has a sense of urgency. • Client Relationships – must be able to build strong working relationships with clients and meet client's needs.
Performs other tasks and assignments as needed and specified by management.
* BS degree in Computer Science, Business, or related field * Experience leveraging enterprise processes and systems in a multisite environment * Experience selecting, integrating, and administering complex third-party systems into ERP systems. * A minimum of 10 years of IT experience in enterprise, multi-location teams * A minimum of 10 years in a managerial capacity managing multiple teams * Experience in contract and SLA management, including management of third party service vendors. * Ability to travel up to 20% including some International travel. * Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, sound judgement, strong analytical skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills * Experience supporting, Commercial, Finance, and Operations functions in the pharmaceutical industry.
* MBA or advanced degree * Experience with GxP and GAMP5 frameworks, including IQ/OQ/PQ and Validation Models. * Continuous Improvement methodologies eg Lean Six Sigma
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, MENTAL REQUIREMENTS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: Requires prolonged sitting. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity, normal range of hearing and vision to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision for written work and PC use.
Mental Requirements include:
* Ability to hear accurately the spoken word with moderate office noise or plant noise * Ability to apply deductive reasoning and understand complicated issues * Ability to receive instructions and follow work rules and company policies * Ability to follow safety and security practices * Ability to meet deadlines and effectively deal with office stress * Ability to accurately communicate ideas, facts and technical information
Company Overview Akorn, Inc. is a niche pharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures and markets generic and branded prescription pharmaceuticals as well as animal and consumer health products. We specialize in difficult-to-manufacture sterile and non-sterile dosage forms including: ophthalmics, injectables, oral liquids, topicals, inhalants, and nasal sprays. Akorn markets its products to retail pharmacies, ophthalmologists, optometrists, physicians, veterinarians, hospitals, clinics, wholesalers, distributors, group purchasing organizations, and government agencies.
EEO Statement Akorn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.