Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
The First Impression Ambassador (Part-Time) primary responsibility is to ensure that all guests are warmly welcomed upon their arrival at the entrance of the Hotel. The Valet assures a quality arrival and departure experience at the door including assistance with luggage, parking and retrieving cars, and accommodating guests during their stay in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner.
* Properly stand at attention at the hotel entrance.
* Open doors greeting guest with smile and friendly comment as they enter and exit the hotel.
* Greet arriving vehicles, opening doors for the guest and greeting them in a proper manner. Assist guests with luggage to the curbside and direct them to front desk or other areas as required.
* Valet guest cars within the procedures set for the department, ensuring that guest car and keys are safe and secure. Each vehicle will be clearly tagged.
* Assist guest with directions and information of property as required.
* Assist departing guest with transportation as requested.
* Retrieve valet vehicles in an efficient manner. Follow proper procedure in assisting the guest into the vehicle and loading articles including luggage into the vehicle as required.
* Assist Door Attendant in monitoring traffic in the porte cochere.
* Also, ensures that the porte cochere is clean of litter, water, oil, and other items that would be considered unacceptable standard in maintaining the cleanliness of the area.
* Perform duties as required in the related positions of the department and Door Attendant. Familiar with all procedures of these positions.
* Diplomatically handle or refer guest request and complaints.
* Ensure any safety or security related procedures are implemented and any possible situation is immediately reported.
* High School diploma or equivalent required and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
* Must have a valid driver's license for the applicable state.
* Two year driving experience preferred
* Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
* Ability to stand during entire shift.
* Valid driver license with a clean (zero points) driver s abstract and able to drive standard and automatic vehicles.
* Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
* Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
* Perform other duties as requested by management.
Highgate Hotels and its subsidiary companies will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant s race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetic information, uniformed services, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression or any other legally protected classification. Highgate Hotels will provide reasonable accommodations to allow an applicant to participate in the hiring process (e.g., accommodations for a test or job interview) if so requested.