Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Billings, Montana
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Full Scope Medical Assistant at the Bozeman Primary Care Clinic in Bozeman, Montana
Your compassion is tangible: patients feel it in the hand they hold. Families feel it in your prayers. Colleagues feel it in your support.
Youre generous with your thoughts, your time and especially your passion for patient care.
Youre great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
SCL Health Medical Group is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. With locations throughout Colorado, Montana and Wyoming, we offer a wide variety of primary and specialty care services.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, weve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together well align mission and careers, values and workplace. Well encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
Well laugh at each others jokes (even the bad ones). Well hello and high five. Well celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
Were proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a Full Scope Medical Assistant you need to know how to:
* Obtain and record patient information, vital signs, height, weight, allergies, current medications, medical history, and chief complaint, etc.
* Demonstrate knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
* May be required to draw and collect blood samples and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
* Per Provider request, may perform routine tests including but not limited to EKGs, hearing and vision screens.
* Schedule patients for diagnostic testing and follow up as appropriate to ensure completion of testing.
* Communicate test results to patients and establish plan of care by phone or mail as directed by the Provider.
* Document patient plan(s) of care, tests and examination results in the medical record as directed by the provider.
* Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment, stock patient exam rooms while maintaining cleanliness and organization, and dispose of contaminated items according to protocol.
* Administer ordered medications and/or vaccines via oral, injection, topical, rectal, ophthalmic, and/or inhalant administration.
* Ensure safety checklists/quality controls are completed as required.
* Perform clinical diagnostic x-rays and prepare completed studies for provider review.
* Perform all required processor and equipment maintenance and quality control processes.
* Prepare patients for radiologic procedures and protect patients, self and other staff from radiation hazards.
* Take X-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety, which involves setting up and operating radiographic equipment used in the medical diagnosis and/or treatment of patients.
* Position patients and take X-ray of specific parts of the patients body as requested by the physician.
* Process film and check X-ray for clarity of image, retake when necessary.
* Distribute X-ray to appropriate medical staff.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
* High School Diploma or equivalent, required
* Current/valid registration by the American Registry of Radiological Technology (ARRT), required
* Current BLS certification endorsed by the American Heart Association or the ability to obtain within 60 days of hire (with prior approval), required
* Minimum of three (3) months of previous experience within a healthcare setting, required
* Successful completion of initial MA onboarding program within 90 days, annual skills fair, and in-services for site specific tasks, required
* Associates Degree from an accredited school of radiologic technology, preferred
* At least one (1) year of Medical Assistant experience, preferred
* At least two (2) years of clinical experience in radiologic technology, preferred
YOUR NEXT MOVE.
Now that you know more about being a Full Scope Medical Assistant on our team we hope youll join us. At SCL Health youll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
Our facilities do not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, or age in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs, services or activities, or on the basis of sex (gender) in health programs and activities