Posted in Other 22 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Wheeling, Illinois
Servo Applications Engineer, Indexers and Conveyors
DESTACO, a Dover Company, is a global leader in the design and manufacture of high-performance automation, workholding, and remote handling solutions. The company serves customers in variety of end-markets, including the automotive, life sciences, consumer goods, packaging, aerospace, and nuclear sectors.
Built on a legacy of over 100 years, DESTACO offers a comprehensive portfolio of products to engineer precise movement, placement and control solutions that drive productivity and uptime for manufacturers around the world. The DESTACO family of products consists of industry-leading brands such as DESTACO Manual and Power Clamps, Camco and Ferguson Indexers, Robohand Grippers and CRL Manipulators and Transfer Ports.
DESTACO is headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, and operates globally through ~800 employees across 14 locations.
Dover is a diversified global manufacturer with annual revenues of $7 billion. The company delivers innovative equipment and components, specialty systems, and support services through five major operating segments: Engineered Products, Fueling Solutions, Imaging & Identification, Pumps & Process Solutions, and Refrigeration & Food Equipment. Headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois, Dover trades on the New York Stock Exchange under \\"DOV.
The Servo Applications Engineer, Indexers and Conveyors is responsible for sustaining engineering of existing products and improve existing products in order to meet stated project goals and product specifications by customers. Products consist primarily of mechanical and servo-based rotary cam indexers and conveyors components. He/she will be responsible for following the Application sizing, detailing the design, creation of drawings and models, testing, documenting, and reporting within a team environment. He/she will identify and control design risks. He/she will work with team to obtain priorities and meet project timelines. He/she will communicate with vendors and other application and manufacturing engineers to conduct design and cost review. Works with procurement if alternative suppliers are to be identified for special or newly designed parts. He/she will work within and communicate across various functional teams within DESTACO that will enable the successful support on applications engineering products.
The Servo Applications Engineer, Indexers and Conveyors reports to the Manager, Applications Engineering. The position is located in Wheeling, IL and requires up to 20% travel. The position requires the ability to work and communicate globally and virtually with vendors, Product Managers, Applications Engineering, Marketing and Manufacturing support teams.
Key Job Responsibilities included but not limited to:
* Promotes safety awareness with other key members of the plant team. Promotes accident prevention and employee involvement about safe work environment. Ensures employees have an understanding on the safety expectations of the organization.
* Designs and develops application products and Automation product extensions and enhancements, relating to linear, rotary, parallel motion products such as servo driven indexers, pick and place, robotic tools and conveying equipment.
* Creates 3D assembly models, manufacturing drawings, bills of materials, generates CAD files, catalog artwork, text and specifications.
* Works with Applications Engineering in resolving quality and production issues. May evaluate products, parts, or processes for cost efficiency and reliability.
* Assist in driving results with internal and external resources per the product development stage gate process and schedule.
* Creates, manages part and assembly drawings, Bill of Materials (BOMs) to support manufacturing, testing and assembly, and support components to assist with assembly.
* Select and size components to be used in the motion control system in a cost-effective manner. Selection of appropriate servo motor, drives, AC drives, PLC, HMI's and general industrial motion control components for customer applications.
* Executes testing of new products and obtains agency approvals where needed.
* Tracks and records design changes following ECN processes.
* Communicates with vendors and global teams to facilitate and resolve project issues.
* Generates documentation needs and requirements.
* Meets application project schedule and objectives.
* Leverages continuous improvement tools to drive improvements
* Install / troubleshoot motion control mechanism including controls, servo drives, motors and PLCs.
* Work closely with sales community to identify opportunities, increase servo-based solutions for DESTACO-CAMCO products.
Leadership Competencies aligned with Dover and executed in DESTACO with appropriate expectations for the job level:
* Strategic Mindset: Has understanding of global industry or market; creates breakthrough strategies that alter the competitive dynamics in a market, and establishes a series of competitive advantages yielding profitability that exceeds expectations for the organization.
* Customer Impact: Creates value for customers addressing known and unknown needs. Knows and understands all aspects of the global market, including: economics, products and services, channels, the customers and their end-markets.
* Results-Driven: Produces results that exceed Dover's strategic objectives via a combination of planning and implementation, while living the Dover Values.
* Experience in engineering design support on work holding, supplier end use of Indexers, Precision link Conveyors etc. or equivalent machine design product is a must.
* Experience must include mechanical work proficiencies involving use of Material handling precision products, including torque equipment, and precision positioning (both linear and rotary) products.
* Experience with specifying, integrating, programming, tuning and/or commissioning different electric motor VFD and/or Servo Motors and Control Systems.
* Experience working with Ethernet based Industrial network protocol such as ModBus TCP, EtherCAT, EtherNet/IP, Profinet. Profibus experience is a plus.
* Ability to read electrical schematics for the controls system including power wiring, control wiring and I/O wiring and interconnect diagrams.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Results and very detail oriented, solution driven with project deadlines in mind.
* High energy, strong interpersonal skills, prefers to work in team entrepreneurial environment.
* Passion for hands-on involvement with strong initiative and exceed project goals.
* Analytical thinker, ability to make decisions and problem solve based on data.
* Adapts to customer and market trend changes with desire to learn new technology and methods
* Good communication skills including facilitating meetings, verbal, and written skills
* Ability to work in multi-cultural virtual teams maintaining significant involvement and team interaction.
* Able to execute tasks independently with daily or weekly direction from manager.
* Computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
* Competent in the use of PLC & HMI programming software.
* CAD skills (2D AutoCAD).
Education and Certification Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.