Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Works with the project EHS Manager to deliver the Lendlease vision to create the best places and operate incident and injury free. Supports delivery of compliance with Lendlease Global Minimum Requirements (GMRs) for EHS.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
* Maintains a robust understanding of safety requirements for all aspects of the site. Including pre-planning, monitoring of construction activities and site conditions, and taking corrective actions to non-compliant work. Driving the Lendlease EHS initiatives on a daily basis with the trades/subcontractors.
* Conduct project EHS audits and property damage and personal injury investigations as necessary and uses discretion to recommend corrective measures to prevent the recurrence of similar problems.
* Uses knowledge and experience to identify poor safety performance and recommends solutions to address issues.
* Use independent judgment to apply concepts and exploit opportunities for improved EHS standards.
* Collaborates with stakeholders to assure compliant EHS outcomes across the project.
* Works with the EHS Manager in the execution of the project EHS plans.
* Applies basic knowledge to provide support to resolve routine technical challenges.
* Engages in continuous professional development to build EHS technical capability.
* Captures project learnings and innovations to develop future capability.
* Keeps abreast of best practice and local requirements to better identify project safety needs and suggest appropriate solutions.
* Contributes to compliance management utilizing relevant reporting systems across the project.
* Appropriately applies operating procedures.
* Implement EHS corrective actions for at risk work.
* Learns from more experienced team members by observing and asking questions.
* Harnesses the skills, knowledge and expertise of the broader team in order to achieve compliant EHS outcomes.
* Understands the impact of EHS issues to the overall project plan.
GENERAL BACKGROUND AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
* 4-year degree in an accredited industry related curriculum, or construction/EHS experience equivalent to a 4-year degree
* Knowledge of basic computer applications and software such as MS Office and construction scheduling programs as used by the company
* Ability to safely navigate conditions present at a construction site, including climbing ladders, cluttered areas, working in bad weather, hazardous areas, dark conditions, and maneuvering uneven surfaces etc. for the purpose of inspecting progress
KEY CAPABILITY LISTING
* Conveys thoughts and information, both verbal and written, in a clear, concise manner. Has basic understanding of the multiple platforms for communication and demonstrates a range of interpersonal skills and approaches, is aware of when to use what with whom. Relates well to all individuals, internally and externally.
* Builds relationships based on respect and remains productive and positive in the face of challenges.
LENDLEASE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY, AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor