Posted in General Business 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado
As part of a dynamic commercial team responsible for short-term sale of firm and interruptible transportation / storage agreements and natural gas purchases/sales, the candidate will be responsible for data accumulation, evaluation, processing, communicating and execution of complex commercial strategies and initiatives within the Kinder Morgan Western Region of Regulated Assets (El Paso Natural Gas, Mojave Pipeline, Colorado Interstate Gas, Wyoming Interstate Gas, Cheyenne Plains, TransColorado, and Ruby pipelines, as well as the Keystone Gas Storage field).
This position will be located in Colorado Springs, CO and the incumbent will directly or by coordinating with other disciplines:
• Actively manage and execute on park and loan, open capacity, and open storage positions across all Kinder Morgan Western Region assets, including short and long term capacity/storage services;
• Execute commercial strategies and initiatives, including performing due diligence and price discovery, in support of maximizing revenue and mitigating price risk in for the purchase and sale of natural gas to support pipeline operations;
• Proactively interact with internal departments including Commercial Operations, Information Technologies, Marketing, Business Development, Legal, Contract Services, Gas Accounting and other departments within the organization to remain informed of issues that may impact services;
• Identify business opportunities and resolve contractual, administrative and operational issues related to the customer group which includes producers, gas marketers, gas processors, other pipelines, LDC's, power generators and other end users;
• Develop value-added strategic initiatives relative to supply/market development that often extends boundaries of knowledge in a regulated natural gas environment.
• Participate actively with senior management in the development, analysis, implementation and communication of the company's strategic business plan.
• Title and compensation commensurate with experience.
• Relocation assistance may be available.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Candidate should have 4+ years of natural gas industry experience preferably in fields related to financial analysis, budgeting, gas acquisition/disposition and/or transportation/balancing services for assets located in the western United States.
• Candidate will possess a college degree or a degree in a technical field and preferably, an MBA.
• This incumbent will have superior PC skills and be able to use the Microsoft Office Products with emphasis on Excel.
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
• Candidate should be outgoing, energetic, pleasant and self-motivated.
• Must be articulate, work well under pressure, consistently able to meet deadlines and have excellent verbal and communication skills.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and driving record satisfactory to the Company and its insurers.
• Open floor concept environment.
• Overtime occasionally required and expected.
• Overnight travel required as well as regular on-call responsibilities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.