Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire
GMS is the leading North American distributor of gypsum wallboard, acoustical ceiling products and other specialty building materials. Founded in 1971, GMS now operates a network of more than 250 distribution centers nationwide. For more information about GMS, visit www.gms.com or any one of our subsidiary company websites.
Summary of Position:
The primary function of the Warehouse Worker is responsible for areas of warehouse maintenance, shipping/receiving, product storage, and delivery set-up.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Maintain health and safety compliance in accordance with company policy
* Prepare orders by processing requests: pull accurate materials and place in appropriate area for customer pick up or delivery; loading and unloading trucks as necessary
* Maintain inventory controls through minimizing materials damage and ensuring order accuracy
* Be able to organize the warehouse and manage bin locations
* Establish, maintain and promote high standards of customer service
* Ensure that equipment is maintained to company operating standards
* Cuts and stages outbound orders prior to crew's return, and the night before the crews' departure in the morning.
* Loads delivery trucks efficiently and quickly with the correct balance and weight for truck size (maximum 30 minute turnaround time)
* Loads trucks with 100% accuracy for product type and quantity
* Drives forklift safely and operates equipment within the guidelines for efficient and safe operation
* Reports all maintenance problems with equipment to yard manager immediately
* Completes VCR form on forklift
* Ability to self-manage, show initiative and be proactive
* Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing to coworkers and customers
* High School diploma
* Must be able to remain in stationary position 50%
* Must be able to lift 50lbs Frequently, will move about inside the warehouse
* Must be able to operate warehouse machinery
* Must be able to communicate with team and management and be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
* Constantly in warehouse environment
* Must be able to problem solve and prioritize tasks
* Must be able to manage stress depending on tasks
* Must be able to multitask
* Must be able to receive information
* Must be able to quickly communicate solutions if problems occur
* Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of sound judgement
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
* Paid holidays & vacation days
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Launch your career with a national building materials distributor and discover opportunities for growth and advancement. Our people have the independence and authority to make a difference. We invest in relationships, and every person is important. Our highest priority is serving others. We passionately pursue a safe work environment along with a relentless focus on operational excellence. We believe you can never go wrong doing the right thing.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER..