Posted in Other 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Billings, Montana
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Medical Laboratory Scientist.
Your compassion is tangible: patients feel it in the hand they hold. Families feel it in your prayers. Colleagues feel it in your support.
Youre generous with your thoughts, your partnerships and especially your voice, because your opinion matters.
Youre great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
St. Vincent Healthcare is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 286-bed level II trauma center has provided care in Montana and the surrounding area since 1898, and our 30-clinic network ensures community needs are met. We offer comprehensive, specialty care, including a hospital within a hospital specifically for children, and are proud to extend SCL Healths missions by treating the poor, the vulnerable, our community and each other.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, weve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together well align mission and careers, values and workplace. Well encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
Well laugh at each others jokes (even the bad ones). Well hello and high five. Well celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
Were proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a Medical Lab Scientist you need to know how to:
* Perform all designated procedures competently, including Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis, Coagulation, Specimen Processing, Blood Bank, and Microbiology when designated. Set up and perform a variety of technical and complex tests following established procedures. May obtain blood specimens from patients. May perform bedside testing. May send specimens to reference laboratories. Conduct verification tests on new products and instrument/procedure comparison, statistical analysis, and special projects.
* Interpret, correlate and report test results. Verify computer-generated reports. Investigate and address erroneous test values, irregularities, errors or instrument failures. Recognize and solve problems or determine alternative solutions for analysis if needed. Document all deviations from established procedures for review by Manager or appropriate Supervisor.
* Perform any QA and maintenance as required. Perform and document quality control. Document all quality control failures and corrective action taken. Maintain accurate logs, records, files and all other required documentation. Participate in updating and reviewing of procedures. Assist in the maintenance of CAP accreditation. Perform preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, calibration and make minor repairs to instrumentation. Notify Manager or Supervisor of any major instrument problems, efforts to correct and if any major repairs are needed.
* Assist to performance LIS testing/process validations, printer maintenance. Evaluate and analyze shift QA reports, LIS report.
* Train and orient new employees. Keep assigned work area clean and orderly. Maintain supply inventory.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
* Bachelors Degree, required (military training and experience may substitute for Bachelors Degree)
* Current ASCP or ASCP-I certification and applicable licensure, required
* At least one (1) year of experience in a similar role/setting, preferred
YOUR NEXT MOVE.
Now that you know more about being a Medical Lab Scientist on our team we hope youll join us. At SCL Health youll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
Our facilities do not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, or age in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs, services or activities, or on the basis of sex (gender) in health programs and activities