Posted in Other 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Meriden, Connecticut
POSITION SUMMARY: To transform incoming raw germanium into testable detectors in their diode state.
Shape and polish germanium crystals and perform chemical etching using acids.
Electroplating crystal surfaces.
Inspect crystal surfaces for damage.
Maintenance of equipment and machinery.
Recording data and record maintenance.
Ability to measure accurately.
Knowledge of metric system.
Basic math skills.
Proper handling of chemicals.
Operation and setup of machinery.
Understanding basic electrical concepts.
Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
A keen eye for detail inspection.
Need to be a self starter.
AMOUNT OF EXPEREINCE REQUIRED:
7 months - 1 year prior experience
High school diploma or equivalent
Size:1000+ employeesOverview:Mirion is a leader in radiation safety, measurement and science. Built on 60 years of experience in research, problem-solving and product development, our team of over 1,800 talented professionals work to create solutions and advance innovation in our field. We're more than just product makers and problem solvers. We also draw on a deep sense of responsibility to share our knowledge and expertise with our customers. Combining state-of-the-art technology with exceptional customer service, Mirion is dedicated to providing an unmatched experience in radiation detection and instrumentation. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals across all functions who share our passion for technology, excellence and innovation.Our culture is team-based and progressive. If you are a highly motivated professional aspiring to excel in your field, Mirion may be the place to make a difference!About Mirion:Our organization is passionate about delivering world-class products, services, and solutions for radiation detection and protection. From our 29 operating facilities across North America, Europe, and Asia, Mirion offers products and services in these key areas:
- Health Physics - Radiation Detection and Protection Instruments
- Dosimetry Services - Radiation Monitoring Services
- Spectroscopy - Radiation Measurement Solutions
- Characterization - Decontamination &* Decommissioning, Waste Management
- Radiation Monitoring Systems - In-Plant and Safety Monitoring Systems
- Sensing Systems - Nuclear Reactor Sensing SystemsIn partnership with our customers in nuclear power plants, military and civil defense agencies, hospitals, universities, national labs, and other specialized industries, Mirion strives to deliver cutting-edge products and services that constantly evolve based on the changing needs of our customers..
AAP/EEO Statement- Mirion Technologies, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.