Posted in Other 29 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Job Title: Security Officer
Perform various duties involved in safeguarding Spaulding Rehabilitation Network property against fire, theft and illegal entry, monitor entrances and exits as directed, patrol areas within the site, check for fire and safety hazards, combat fires, and direct vehicle and pedestrian traffic during emergency periods.
* Entrances and exits are monitored for unauthorized or unlawful entry.
* Hospital is patrolled, ensuring compliance with safety and fire standards.
* Security CCTV is monitored as required and security is informed of any suspicious activity.
* Alarms are responded to and investigated per department guidelines.
* Periodic inspection tours are conducted to ensure the facility has not been tampered with, continually watches for irregularities per security protocols.
* Safe keeping process is used with patient valuables when requested.
* Daily reports are developed and submitted per established guidelines.
* Emergency situations are controlled, persons removed from danger, evidence protected, and pedestrian/vehicular traffic managed safely per established guidelines.
* Violent patient restraint assistance provided to staff to maintain safety for the patient and health care team.
* Disaster control and fire drill assistance is conducted per security guidelines.
* Security office and front desk inquiries are responded to efficiently and per department guidelines.
* Hospital parking lot is monitored, and parking tickets are issued to cars parked in violation of hospital administration regulations.
* Additional department, organization, or network activities are completed per established objectives.
* PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence are upheld.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Graduate or GED required.
Minimum of one year paid, full time experience in security/law enforcement or its equivalent.
Graduation from a Police Academy would waive the experience.
Skills (Specific learned activity gained through training (e.g. computer skills, keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.)
* Computer proficiency required. Microsoft office applications preferred with ability to learn new software.
* Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills, working with diverse population.
* Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member of a team.
* Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies for addressing them.
* High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing situations.
* Attention to detail
SRN is committed to diversity in the workplace which begins with respect and opportunity for all. SRN takes affirmative action to ensure that equal employment opportunity is provided to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, ancestry, veteran status, disability or any other basis that would be inconsistent with any applicable ordinance or law. If you need a reasonable accommodation in coming to or participating in the interview process, please let us know.