Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
REGISTERED NURSE - SDU
MOUNT AUBURN HOSPITAL - CAMBRIDGE, MA
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Works collaboratively with members of the CareTeam to ensure that patients receive skilled nursing care that meets their individual needs. This will be measured by Picker results.
a. Assesses patients' needs, plans care and coordinates appropriate assignments for team members 100% of the time.
b. Participates in team meetings.
c. Establishes relationships with staff that promote a professional and productive work environment.
d. Evaluates and documents outcomes of patient care. Actively participates in quality assurance programs.
e. Communicates with other team members regarding patients.
f. Serves as a resource for difficult or complex situations. Refers appropriate problems to nurse coordinator.
g. Participates in presenting education programs to team members to ensure competence.
h. Works with team members to monitor patient satisfaction and develop appropriate interventions.
i. Administers medication according to nursing/hospital/unit policy/procedure without errors 100% of the time.
2. Provides direct patient care as a member of the CareTeam.
a. Provides and documents competent nursing care based on scientific principles and uses the nursing process and meets policy.
b. Administers medications according to nursing, hospital, unit policy and procedures and meets outcome measures.
3. Education is planned and provided according to care plan and predicted Length of Stay for every patient who is alert and able to comprehend. Family members and care givers are included in education as appropriate.
a. Participates in the development of educational materials/presentations for patients and/or significant others and documents outcome in the medical record.
b. Ensures that patients and significant others receive education regarding discharge and the community services available.
4. Works with the CareTeam members to manage the patient's stay in the hospital based on anticipated length of stay. Every patient has a targeted length of stay and a care plan that reflects that target.
a. Works with team to plan care according to anticipated Length of Stay, clinical path and/or protocols.
b. Collaborates with nurse coordinator, case managers, physicians and other departments to ensure appropriate LOS and discharge planning.
c. Coordinates timely completion of procedures, tests and consults during hospital stay.
d. Communicates clinical information to appropriate parties.
e. Collaborates with team members to plan for improvements regarding patient care.
f. Monitors LOS for observation patients and collaborates with nurse coordinators and case managers to ensure appropriate stay.
g. Discharge planning begins day one for all patients. Family members are included in this process.
h. All patients returning home receive a written discharge or instruction plan prior to discharge 100% of the time.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Knowledge of nursing process, theories, and clinical expertise related to patient care, normally acquired through the completion of a nursing training program at an NLN accredited school of nursing.
2. Current registration in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
3. Interpersonal skills to interact with patients, families, and a multidisciplinary team of health-care personnel to resolve complex problems.
4. Able to acquire through training programs and continuing education technical knowledge related to assigned area.
Mount Auburn Hospital is a tobacco-free campus. We are an equal opportunity employer and we offer wonderful opportunities for advancement, so you re sure to find a position that suits your unique skills here.
We value equality and are committed to maintaining an environment in which employees, patients, and visitors are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, handicap, veteran s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.