Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
The Associate Director, U.S. Access & Value Contracting will be a critical leader within the bluebird bio commercial organization. He/she will be responsible for contract development, strategy & analytics, and KPI reporting across all payer channels, providers, and channel partners to enable patient access and innovative payment models. In collaboration with Market Access leadership this role will be a thought leader and contributor to bluebird bio value-based patient outcomes contracting strategies. The position is based in Cambridge, MA and will report to U.S. Pricing & Contracts Lead.
* Significant contributor to build, refine, and analyze innovative access and value-based contracting strategies ensuring appropriate patient access and reimbursement at launch and throughout product lifecycle
* Responsible for U.S. pricing and contracting analytics to develop and refine market access strategies
* Develop all U.S. pricing and contracting documents for the US and Global pricing committee to secure pricing and contracting authorizations for account team execution
* Lead contract development activities to execute innovative payment models authoring contract terms addressing patient outcomes, risk-sharing, payment-over-time financing, and appropriate coverage & reimbursement with payers, providers, and channel partners
* Key contributor to customer strategy and negotiation process leading the contract redlining process with account director and legal; partners with account director on customer negotiation strategy and presentation
* Authorize all contracts prior to customer engagement and upon execution
* Responsible for managing 3rd party vendor responsible for contract administration; oversees accurate payment of payer, provider, and channel discounts and/or rebates.
* Work cross functionally to create necessary infrastructure, process, governance, and overall mechanics to support contract development, administration, and patient trackability
* Lead cross-functional team in quantifying complex outcomes-based rebates and presenting to US pricing committee for approval
* Identify research projects and work cross-functionally and with 3rd party vendors to deliver market and customer insights to inform pricing and value contracting strategy
* Significant contributor to design and build of pricing analytics platform working closely with 3rd party vendor, finance, global market access, and government pricing to ensure market access strategies are quantified and inform decision making
* Design and build efficient dashboards for market segmentation, market access reporting, contract performance, QTC-payer connectivity, and other market access KPI s for internal and external use
* Develop bluebird bio SOP s and checklists for contract development and administration ensuring contract excellence in meeting customer needs in compliant manner
Qualifications and Capabilities:
* At least 8 years of relevant industry experience in biotech/pharma. Must possess recent and significant experience in planning, launch and successful commercialization of specialty therapies, preferably in the hospital / payer space
* 2 or more years of experience drafting and/or negotiating contracts
* Sound knowledge of government pricing such including Medicaid best price, AMP, ASP, etc.
* Strong financial background.
* Strong patient-focused mindset is required.
* Explores innovative approaches in an evolving landscape
* Superior modeling, analytical, & excel skills
* Strategic thinking combined with the ability to execute, both individually and by leading teams, to achieve operational excellence in the face of challenging goals
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work collaboratively and excellent influencing and negotiating skills
* Knowledge of market and competitive environment.
* Excels in a fast-paced, results-driven, highly accountable environment where you can make a clear impact
* Travel of up to 10-25% of the time may be required.
bluebird bio is committed to fostering an environment where everyone can be their whole selves and know they are valued. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.