Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
The Facilities Management Team at bluebird bio is committed to providing a safe and productive work environment while efficiently supporting all functions throughout the company. We are committed to a customer-focused service approach to the design, construction, equipment procurement, maintenance, and operation of all corporate facilities around the globe. Our team believes being well-informed, proactive, respectful, and passionate in our work is essential to supporting the company s strategic goals and to bluebird bio s overall mission of transforming the lives of patients. As a member of the Facilities Team, you will have the opportunity to bring out your inner MacGyver to expand our current facilities, as well as play an integral part in future company-wide endeavors. Join us and dare to make a difference!
As part of Facilities, Operations, & EHS team in Seattle, you will provide procurement/supply chain and EHS technical support to site customers and ensure site EHS programs comply with bluebird bio s requirements and applicable external regulatory requirements (i.e., OSHA, EPA, etc.). Examples of supply chain support include procuring medical reagents, including chemicals, registering new suppliers, and liaising with the corporate purchasing and finance teams to ensure optimal pricing and maintain good working relationships with vendors. EHS programs this position will be directly supporting include: Chemical inventory, SDS Management, Regulated Waste, PPE, Occupational Health, Lab Safety, Emergency Response, Environmental, and other programs as assigned. This individual will work closely with scientists on the generation of site-wide blanket purchase order generation as well as supporting incident investigations and ongoing risk reduction initiatives. This person will also provide EHS program support such as training administration, document management, performing inspections, maintaining permits and licenses, etc.
About the Role:
* Responsible for monitoring the full lifecycle of lab consumables from the generation of a large volume of purchase orders to the reconciliation of receivables.
* Generate and monitor blanket purchase orders for the site to ensure funds are available. Partner effectively with purchasing and finance disciplines.
* Implement and provide daily oversight of EHS programs and projects as assigned. Examples include Chemical Hygiene, HazCom, Regulated Waste, Ergonomics, and Wastewater.
* Provide EHS review / approval for chemicals, capital projects and site construction activities.
* Support site incidents investigations to ensure robust corrective actions are identified.
* Develop and implement new initiatives aimed at improving the procurement, supply chain, and EHS activities at the site.
* Ensure compliance with applicable external regulations.
* BS in Business, Safety, Environmental, Industrial Hygiene or other related life science field.
* A minimum of 2-5 years of related experience.
* Ability to travel 10% as needed.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to understand target audience and influence across multiple functions.
* Emphasis on excellent customer service.
* Excellent tactical execution skills.
* Ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with cross-functional colleagues.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Highly organized creative thinker and problem solver; ability to work independently, exercise good judgment and perform well under tight and dynamically changing timelines.
* Ability to adapt and prioritize appropriately.
* Adheres to high ethical values.
* Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment where results are achieved through influence and the incorporation of multiple points of view.
* Be ready to embrace the principles of the bluebird bio culture: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself.
bluebird bio is committed to fostering an environment where everyone can be their whole selves and know they are valued. We believe a diverse and inclusive community empowers us to act courageously, care deeply, and dream boldly to impact people in big ways. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.