Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Diego, California
Ace Relocation Systems, Inc. is a family-owned, growing transportation company with nine locations across the US. We are currently seeking an experienced leader to oversee all aspects of the use of information technology at Ace Relocation Systems and its sister company, ARCA International (the “Companies”).
The Chief Information Officer (“CIO”) will be a member of senior management directly responsible for determining IT strategies and selecting and implementing suitable technologies to support business operations, optimize internal workflows and enhance the customer’s experience. The CIO is also responsible for leading and directing the IT department and ensuring that appropriate systems, policies, controls and risk-management procedures are in place to appropriate protect the Companies’ data and comply with data privacy regulations.
A minimum of fifteen years of career experience in technology, including a minimum of five years in a leadership position, is required. Experience in a CIO or equivalent position is preferred.
Essential functions include but not limited to:
• Align IT department objectives with the Companies’ operational needs and prioritize resource allocation appropriately
• Identify opportunities for IT to improve efficiency of internal processes and/or enhance customers’ experience
• Proactively advise the senior management team on emerging technologies that are most relevant to the Companies’ goals and evolving requirements
• Develop an IT vision, strategy and roadmap and lead the IT team and key business partners in effective execution
• Ensure, on an ongoing basis, that current and planned technical architecture, investment and solutions are aligned with the Companies’ business objectives
• Develop strong relationships with business partners across the Companies and obtain a detailed understanding of their issues, challenges and opportunities in order to foster transparency and collaboration between the IT organization and its business partners
• Hire, develop, evaluate, reward and retain a highly-qualified team of IT professionals
• Promote a business first mentality at all levels of the IT organization
• Ensure the IT organization has strong system analysis and project management skills in order to enable timely execution of business-critical projects
IT Operations and Compliance
• Direct the design, planning, implementation and maintenance of the computing infrastructure that supports the company’s operations and business applications
• Establish a comprehensive enterprise information security program to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and availability of relevant data
• Lead the design and implementation of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan
• Establish and enforce IT policies, processes, portfolio management, development standards and methodologies that will enable ongoing compliance with data privacy regulations in the US and abroad
• Review, recommend and oversee all vendors and managed service agreements for computing, telecommunications, IT services and other digital equipment.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Demonstrated ability to recruit, hire and motivate a high performing IT team that values transparency and accountability
Deep technical knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure, including development and deployment
Superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities, including complex data analysis and reporting
Exceptional business acumen and understanding of business operations
Ability to influence others, including vendors, customers, staff, peers and senior management
Exceptional time and resource management skills, including project management expertise
Compliance with the highest standards of ethical conduct
• Experience leading a complex, multi-location technology environment including managing cloud-based and outsourced solutions through third party providers is required.
• Demonstrated knowledge of a range of vendor technology solutions and the ability to select and integrate the most appropriate technologies to support the business is required.
• Experience with designing and managing an effective IT governance and risk management framework is also required.
Comprehensive benefits package including 401k with match. References, background checks and drug test will be required prior to employment. Ace is a drug-free workplace and this position is part of our random drug testing program.
Competitive salary based on qualifications and experience. Company information can be found at www.acerelocation.com.