Providien is a leading contract manufacturer of clinically superior medical devices and advanced manufacturing solutions to the medical device and life sciences industries.
We are currently looking for a 1st Shift Material Handler to join the team!
· Handles material movement within warehouse to support receiving, shipping, and production support.
· Uses bar code scanners for material movement as required.
· Records the count, weight and number of units of materials moved or handled as required on appropriate forms.
· Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved. Opens containers, loads and unloads materials as needed.
· Load material into ovens for drying and supply production, as needed.
· Stages supplies for the molding area as assigned.
· Prepares and delivers raw materials to and from production areas as assigned.
· Operates forklift, hand truck, industrial truck or electric hoist to assist in loading, unloading or moving materials and products.
· Completes Cycle Count or Physical Count activities as assigned, and verifies stock rotation as required.
· Maintains good attendance in accordance with company guidelines.
· Adheres to all Company health and safety policies and procedures.
· Conforms to good manufacturing practices, 13485 standards and complies with all departmental standard operation procedures.
· Lifts heavy objects by hand or with power hoist, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment.
· Backup Shipping / Receiving
· Prepares and verifies accuracy of all required labeling or documentation for receiving or receiving activities.
· Other duties as assigned.
Personal Protective Equipment Requirements:
Clear ANSI Z87.1 safety rated glasses are required for the job when in the manufacturing areas. Safety toed shoes or boots (ASTM 2413-11 standard) are required in specific manufacturing areas. REQUIREMENTS
· High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent
· 6 months to 1-year experience related to warehousing and material movement
Must be able to work 1st shift hours (6:00AM-2:30PM)
· Forklift Experience
· Experience with general warehouse practices
· Inventory management and cycle count experience
· Good communication
· Attention to detail
· Organizational Skills
· Must be able to work both individually and in a team setting