This Engineer position mainly consists of new product introduction and sustaining engineering in a thermoforming facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Develop formal project plans and successfully manage/execute the plans for new tool builds, fixture builds and other various customer centric projects. This includes communicating with customers and maintaining customer relationships.
2. Design molds and fixtures to produce thermoformed parts per specified requirements.
3. Create and maintain manufacturing documentation, including work instructions and technical drawings.
4. Facilitate DFMEAs, PFMEAs, Control Plans and design reviews for mold builds.
5. Run validation plans and protocols as needed.
6. Assist production with continuous improvements using Lean and SSBB tools.
7. Collect and analyze statistical data from various aspects of the manufacturing process.
8. Work closely with key suppliers to ensure that PTF remains at the forefront of all industry trends and technology.
9. Have a good working knowledge of various plastic molding processes.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, and time spent on the shop floor will be subject to standard noise levels in a manufacturing environment.
Personal Protective Equipment Requirements:
Clear ANSI Z87.1 safety rated glasses are required for the job when in the manufacturing areas. Safety toed shoes or boots (ASTM 2413-11 standard) are required in specific manufacturing areas.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other different tasks be performed when circumstances change. Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Excellent communications skills and the ability to manage customers
Lean manufacturing skills
Six Sigma certification or the willingness and ability to become certified
Excellent CAD skills (Solidworks)
Project management skills
Engineering degree (BS /MS etc.) or equivalent, Mechanical Engineering preferred, and a minimum of 7 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and write in English; secondary language skills are desirable but not required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have excellent command of a wide variety of computer software. Most importantly, this individual should have excellent experience in 3D CAD modeling, with SolidWorks being the preferred platform. Fluent in the use of all Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Project.