Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs shipping, receiving, and material movements utilizing computer inventory management systems. Transactions directly impact inventory accuracy and impact cost.
- Communicates with various logistics companies and internal personnel to schedule shipments.
- Uses third party computer programs such as UPS Worldship and Fed Ex shipping manager to schedule shipments.
- Fills out all Bill of Ladings, SLI's, commercial invoices and any other required documents for shipping domestically and internationally.
- Pulls, verifies, and stages shipments from the warehouse racks using Pick Tickets generated from computer systems. Plans ahead for upcoming shipments and prepares accordingly.
- Creates packing slips and certificates and any other required documents for customer shipments utilizing computer systems.
- Verifies quantities, part numbers and lot numbers for inbound receipts against vendor provided packing slips.
- Applies labels for inventory items accordingly. Places non inventory items in their designated locations.
- Identifies material that is required for inspection and notifies quality department upon arrival.
- Scans paperwork to internal and external departments or companies as required.
- Handles material movement within warehouse to support receiving, shipping, and production.
- Records the part number, lot number, weight and any other required information of products moved or handled as required on appropriate forms and computer systems.
- Operates forklift and hand truck to assist in loading, unloading or moving materials and products.
- Completes Cycle Count or Physical Count activities as assigned, and verifies stock rotation as required.
- Verify production schedules and ensures all raw material and required products are placed at their designated locations before production begins.
- Manages the Material Handler team and verifies all duties are being assigned and completed correctly per PTF processes and procedures.
- Fluent in IQMS ERP systems -- able to perform all tasks related to Shipping and Receiving.
- Manages the cleanliness and organization of the interior and exterior of the warehouse including raw material scrap, pallets, crates and any other items related to Shipping and Receiving
- Maintains good attendance in accordance with company guidelines.
- Adheres to all Company health and safety policies and procedures.
- Conforms to good manufacturing practices, 13485 standards and complies with all departmental standard operation procedures.
- Lifts heavy objects by hand or with forklift, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Personal Protective Equipment Requirements:
Clear ANSI Z87.1 safety rated glasses are required for the job when in the manufacturing areas. Safety toed shoes or boots (ASTM 2413-11 standard) are required in specific manufacturing areas.
Required Skills, Training, and Experience to Perform the Essential Functions:
The Shipping and Receiving Supervisor is required, as a minimum, to have:
· High school diploma (or equivalent)
· 3-year work experience in Shipping and Receiving, material movement, scheduling, and ERP systems.
· Good communication, written skills, PC knowledge, organizational and management skills
· Ability to multi task efficiently
· Ability to lift up to 40 pounds