The Manager of Financial Reporting is responsible for preparing the Company's SEC filings, including 10-Qs, 10-Ks, 8-Ks, S-8s and proxy materials. This position manages the implementation of new accounting pronouncements and assists in preparation of various consolidated financial reports, as well as the statement of cash flows. This position is also responsible for the timely and accurate reporting of stock activity, intercompany transactions and the accounting for stock compensation in accordance with ASC 718. The Manager of Financial Reporting will work closely with the external public accounting firm for quarterly reviews and annual audits. It is expected this individual will recommend continuous process improvements to maximize efficiencies in financial reporting.
* Prepares all SEC filings
* Manages the implementation of new accounting pronouncements
* Prepares consolidated financial statements including the statement of cash flows
* Records and reports all related stock activity in accordance with ASC 718
* Reconciles intercompany transactions
* Interacts closely with the external auditors
* Ensures compliance with new GAAP and SEC reporting requirements, as well as with federal, state and local reporting requirements
* Performs special analytical projects as assigned
Matrix environment requires significant cross-functional responsibility.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education, Experience and Skills
* Certified Public Accountant
* Between 5 to 7 years' experience, with a minimum of 2-3 years in public accounting performing audits of commercial businesses
* Excellent SEC reporting knowledge for commercial businesses
* Excellent knowledge of GAAP
* Strong project management and problem solving skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Detail oriented and self-motivated
* Strong ability to manage deadlines
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common financial and business journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to listen and communicate effectively with customers/clients and co-workers in an effort to respond to common inquires or complaints from customers/clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community and public. Ability to develop presentations to be delivered to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts like quadratic equations and basic logic functions such as if-then-else statements. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as statistical math calculations, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, talk, and distinguish different colors. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
Typical office environment. The noise level is usually moderate to low. Work hours will vary from normal business hours. Occasional weekend work may be required. Some travel may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled