Assist in the development and management of the Core product offering. This position is responsible for tracking, analyzing and reporting on internal and competitive product and style trends and will use this information along with other relevant data to recommend product opportunities. The Product Manager will lead cross-functional project teams, support the development, launch of new Core products, and perform other tasks as assigned.
* Stay thoroughly abreast of competitive and industry trends, customer needs and other relevant data;
* Develop and evolve processes to track, analyze, communicate product needs and specifications;
* Identify new product opportunities by leveraging key inputs such as company strategy & objectives, consumer research, channel / customer requirements, while balancing with internal capabilities / production platform.
* Drive all new products and product improvements through the Product Development process;
* Analyze and distill a broad range of information to build a compelling business case for a new product;
* Work with Product Engineering to ensure that all new products are designed to meet customer expectations;
* Ensure timely and effective communication with all departments involved with new product launches;
* Actively manages and drives the financial performance of the assigned category;
* Drive product line innovation initiatives aimed at reducing complexity and increasing profitability and customer satisfaction
* Lead strategically important cross functional teams as assigned;
* Assist in the presentation of new products at sales launch meetings and customer meetings as required; and
* Review and approve the technical accuracy of advertising and promotional copy, including but not limited to consumer catalogs, specifications books and price books prior to printing.
This job typically supervises the Product Specialist. Matrix environment requires significant cross-functional leadership.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education, Experience and Skills
* A bachelor's degree in; marketing, engineering, architecture, design or similar discipline is preferred;
* Minimum of 5 years' experience in one or more of the following; marketing, product management, product design, product engineering, quality assurance, manufacturing or equivalent experience;
* P&L experience is a plus;
* Enterprise-level thinking with a strong understanding of production systems;
* Out of the box thinking and creative problem solving skills; ability to work independently with little direction
* Experience with wood fabricating, wood technology or wood finishing processes a plus;
* Kitchen design and / or kitchen installation experience a plus;
* Thorough knowledge of kitchen cabinet industry is a plus;
* Strong project management skills required;
* Excellent personal computer skills -- Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Access)
* Ability to build effective business relationships with customers and internal clients, as well as the ability to work discreetly with proprietary and confidential information.
* Excellent organizational, oral and written communications skills, with an emphasis on formal presentations, priority setting and self-directed work habits is essential
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common business and technical journals and diagrams. Ability to listen and communicate effectively with customers/clients and employees in an effort to respond to common inquires or complaints. Ability to develop presentations to be delivered to groups and management.
Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts like addition, subtraction, multiplication, or division. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as statistical and financial math calculations, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, mathematical or diagram form and develop a plan of action to follow those instructions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, talk, and distinguish different colors. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and must frequently carry product samples weighing up to 20 pounds.
Typical office environment. The noise level is usually moderate. Work hours will vary from normal business hours. Occasional weekend work may be required. Regular travel is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled