Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Job ID: 16479
AMETEK is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with sales of approximately $5.0 billion. AMETEK's growth model is based on four key strategies: Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions, Global & Market Expansion and New Products. AMETEK's objective is double-digit percentage growth in earnings per share over the business cycle and a superior return on total capital.
Under minimal supervision, the Electro-Mechanical Assembler performs basic and intricate electronic/electro-mechanical assembly functions on sub-assemblies and final assemblies according to company workmanship standards and specifications. This position requires competence in reading and interpreting wiring lists, assembly drawings and work orders using visual aids, and schematic diagrams. This individual must possess a positive attitude, and will report directly to the Production Department Supervisor as well the Director of Production Operations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs as required.
• Thorough knowledge of electro-mechanical assembly hand tools.
• Thorough understanding of the Metric and English measurement system
• Excellent electro-mechanical assembly skills
• Excellent comprehension of written and verbal instructions
• Excellent knowledge of bills of materials (BOM) structure
• Excellent capability to read and interpret assembly and schematic diagrams
• Good knowledge of electro-mechanical components
• Good troubleshooting skills
• Knowledge and use of Calipers and Micrometers for measurement
• Knowledge of Omnify, or equivalent Product Lifecycle Management software
• Dependable on-time performance
• Flexibility to work overtime and weekends when necessary
Qualifications & Requirements
• Minimum of 4-5 years’ experience in electro-mechanical assembly
• Proven experience in electrical, mechanical and component identification
• Demonstrated capability to use basic test equipment.
- Must be adept with small tools and hardware.
- Must be proficient using Excel to log data.
- Must be highly skilled with "finesse" assembly techniques.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.