Posted in Management 6 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Edelman Chicago is seeking a high-energy Senior Account Executive to join our growing corporate financial communications team. You’ll partner with us to help top companies tell their stories to key audiences for clients across industries. If you are looking for a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, and want to work with clients who change the world, we want to talk with you. Edelman’s Chicago corporate financial communications practice is at the forefront of helping companies tell their stories and navigate the consumer, social, regulatory, and technology shifts taking place across the industry.
We are seeking a Senior Account Executive who will be a proactive self-starter, working with account teams and clients in banking, financial technology, venture capital, insurance, payments, private equity and more to develop and co-manage integrated programs for our financial services clients. These programs include earned media relations, investor and influencer relations, social media and written editorial content, among other disciplines. We are looking for a team member who is able to run the day-to-day activities on key accounts, making the connection points across the client, account team and senior leaders at Edelman. This person will be a self-motivated leader who enjoys creative thinking and will have a push-the-boundaries attitude to generate a constant flow of engaging strategies and tactics for clients, acting as a role model for other Edelman team members to do the same.
• Application of key client information, including general business strategy, industry trends and issues, products/services, key opinion leaders, customers and competitors
• Contributes to client correspondence and account management (e.g., daily updates, activity reports, etc.)
• Plays key role in developing key messages that map back to clients’ objectives
• Demonstrates the ability to write, edit and proofread to create high quality internal and external, channel-appropriate communications content
• Demonstrates research abilities to support client programs and understands research techniques to assist with various Edelman consulting processes, including analysis of media coverage and online conversation (volume and tone) and identification and categorization of various stakeholders, including organizations and individuals to be engaged by clients
• Serves as daily client contact and as client lead on specific workstreams
• Tracks and monitors project financials (e.g., budget vs. actual)
• Coordinates and helps plan media outreach programs including tours, events, conferences, interviews and new media outreach
• Successfully pitch client stories and manage media relationships, supporting a team in researching media and target audiences, analyzing online conversations, and driving ongoing proactive news bureau activities
• Develop messaging, and write press materials, social media content, direct communications materials and other documents, including briefing books and FAQs
• Build relationships with third-party influencers and internal business partners to meet client needs
• Works with account leads to introduce existing clients to relevant and new Edelman capabilities, including resources outside of group, to advance their business goals
• Oversees junior staff’s work products to ensure quality and consistency
• Ensures performance expectations, career development plans and goals are set and reviewed annually during the formal performance review process for all direct reports
• At least two years of relevant experience in communications and/or related fields, including research, advertising, management consulting, media or publishing.
• A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field from an accredited college or university
• Proven ability to lead and manage multiple small or medium-sized projects simultaneously
• Agency experience with the ability to develop a clear understanding of the clients’ businesses and their missions, as well as their key stakeholders: consumers, employees, investors, regulators, media, vendors, partners, other businesses/organizations, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to help develop communication programming and plans, implement integrated tactics and impart knowledge to junior account team members
• Able to perform well under pressure, manage multiple projects and be a strong team player
• Strong research, writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to interact with clients professionally and maintain relationships with media members