Posted in Management 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Galderma, the world's largest independent global dermatology company, was created in 1981 and is now present in over 100 countries with an extensive product portfolio to treat a range of dermatological conditions. The company partners with health care practitioners around the world to meet the skin health needs of people throughout their lifetime. Galderma is a leader in research and development of scientifically-defined and medically-proven solutions for the skin.
For more information, please visit www.galderma.com/us.
Regional Sales Manager position responsible for managing sales activities within assigned district. Activities include organizing, developing, and leading a team of Account Managers (AM) to achieve sales objectives.
• Provide leadership and direction while meeting sales goals and managing the sales activities and development of sales representatives
• Develop & deliver regional sales forecasts
• Develop and implement strategic business plans to meet regional, area and company goals
• Implement and uphold all company compliance policies and procedures for self and region
• Recruit and select qualified candidates to fill open sales positions within the Region
• Assume accountability and responsibility for own personal career growth and development
• Meet sales goals and objectives
• Coach, council and develop representatives on buy and bill, direct selling techniques and market strategies to expand product demand
• Develop and coordinate physician-training programs, practice enhancement in-services and open houses
• Be a leader and manager – creating long and short term development objectives
• Attend national, regional aesthetic conventions and trade shows
• Development of sound recruitment/selection strategies during hiring process
• Evaluate the activities and effectiveness of sales representatives on a consistent basis
• Coordinate administrative demands and field day objectives
• Other duties may be assigned
COMPETENCIES AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
• Employee must be able to multi-task under pressure
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents
• Ability to effectively make written or oral presentations and respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The work environment characteristics and physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee may or may not be frequently/or occasionally required to:
• Stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; talk or hear; and taste or smell
• Climb stairs or ride elevators
• Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
• Use close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
• Manipulate keyboard or otherwise access computer, telephone and hand-held devices
• Be exposed to outside weather conditions while going in and out of office buildings
• Be exposed to moderate noise level usually in warehouse settings
• Be exposed to moving equipment, mechanical parts, and/or high places; or moving between air-conditioned and non-air-conditioned environments
• Overnight travel is required for this position. Travel is estimated at 40%
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Travel & Residency
• Minimum of five (5) years of supervisory/training experience required, preferably in direct sales or B2B. Dermatological, medical device or specialty pharmaceutical sales experience highly desired
• Proven ability to interact effectively with both internal and external customers
• Previous injectable and aesthetic sales experience is preferred
• Strong consultative selling skills and proven capability to close sales
• Preferred working relationship with local Plastic Surgeons, Facial Plastic Surgeons, Dermatologists, Oculoplastic Surgeons and other Cosmetic practices
• Documented and consistent high level performance with sales and competencies
• Develop and implement an effective territory business plan
• Proven ability to develop new business through prospecting and cold calling
• Ability to build strong professional relationships; establish credibility and rapport with customers
• Ability to implement and execute key marketing strategies
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Effectively manage field assets and resources to include, but not limited to, expense management, computer and other allocated equipment
• Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient on excel, word, power point, Adobe and other software skills
• Strong sense of urgency and demonstrated success in a high pressure sales role