Posted in Nonprofit - Social Services 30+ days ago.
Location: Columbus, Ohio
The YMCA is the largest provider of child care in the Nation - and we are seeking the best and the brightest leaders to join our team! We have before and after school programs in over 50 locations throughout Central Ohio!
If you are interested in joining an amazing organization and making a lasting impact in your community - apply today!
POSITION SUMMARY: Establishes and promotes a cause driven program that is safe, consistent, and academically stimulating environment at assigned child care site by performing the following duties.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS include the following, other duties may be assigned:
1. Thinks, communicates and behaves as a cause-driven leader and role model for other staff and members when it comes to desired staff behaviors; promotes youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility in all job-related functions.
2. Oversees the daily program operations and staff supervision at assigned site (i.e. maintenance of site, cleanliness, materials).
3. Assesses the needs, interests, and ability of the children in the program and adapts activities to the needs/levels of each child. Integrates children into a group environment with team building activities.
4. Conducts regularly scheduled staff meetings with on-site staff.
5. Implements and actively participates in all daily activities, curriculum, and schedule in cooperation with Site Director; including Y Kids Are Fit and Food and Fun,After School homework assistance and following HEPA standards.
6. Familiarizes staff with and enforce ODJFS licensing rules and YMCA policies and procedures
7. Ensures the site’s compliance with all ODJFS licensing requirements including keeping required paperwork current.
8. Supervises food program and daily site cleanup.
9. Maintains inventory and recommends purchases, replacement, or repair of equipment and supplies.
10. Maintains written records and reports as required on individual children.
11. Conducts program and licensing orientations for site staff.
12. Attends all staff meetings, child care workshops, specialized trainings and safety trainings as required.
13. Manages curriculum planning for assigned site; plans, supervises, develops and implements programming, including (but not limited to) homework assistance, Y Kids Food and Fun activities and YMCA curriculum requirements.
14. Maintains good relationships and communicates regularly with children, parents, school/host staff, community and YMCA staff.
15. If applicable, complete duties as required by the Child and Adult Care Food program for your site(s)/center.
16. If applicable, reviews Title XX pweb and portal to review swipes and payments; communicates issues with registrar.
17. Completes all tracking and data collection for funding and projects as designated by supervisor.
18. Participates in special events and branch activities.
19. Assists with the promotion of the YMCA Branch and school age child care programs to the community.
-Must be at least 18 years of age and have completed at least 18 quarter or 12 semester hours of college coursework in child development, elementary education, or a related field; experience supervising in a childcare setting; or equivalent combination of education and experience determined by using Career Pathway level. Must meet ODJFS requirements for Site Administrators.
-Must submit medical statement as required by ODJFS.
-Must obtain and keep current training certifications in first aid, communicable diseases, child abuse recognition & prevention and CPR.
-Must attend and maintain inservice hours as required by ODJFS and YMCA guidelines.
-Passionate belief in the Y’s cause of nurturing the potential of all youth, supporting healthy living for all people and finding ways to help and support our neighbors.
-Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
-Proven track record of developing authentic relationships with others.
-Ability to foster a collaborative team approach to solving challenging situations.
-Must submit all required paperwork for ODJFS licensing.
-Must submit a staff medical statement as required by ODJFS standards.
-Must obtain and keep current training certifications in first aid, communicable diseases, child abuse recognition & prevention as required by ODJFS.
-Must attend all necessary YMCA, child care and/or grant related training.