The RFID Specialist will be responsible for a diverse set of RFID requirements. They will provide support for projects with an RFID component and will serve as a resource as needed. The RFID Specialist will work to maintain a high-performance on the RFID Scorecard, and will identify innovative RFID solutions through a strong understanding of business processes and research.
* Strict adherence to and promotion of the company's core values, CITE Principles, and culture.
* Develop and maintain a deep understanding of RFID Systems throughout American Woodmark and share this knowledge when needed.
* Pursue strong understandings of RFID Technology, and research the marketplace to understand new trends of the industry.
* Maintain the performance of RFID Systems through American Woodmark by supporting plant locations in projects and maintenance of RFID hardware and software.
* Improve the understanding of RFID Systems and Hardware by providing training to TSS and varying members of the user community.
* Support internal RFID software development through the platform by supporting IT with internal application testing, on-site deployment testing, and occasional development logic support.
* Support external RFID software development by monitoring software releases by RFID Vendors, helping manage the implementation, and providing feedback on performance.
* Help maintain application stability by empowering locations to use consistent processes and applications to solve the same problem.
* Act as a leader for projects focused on improving the deployment or application of RFID throughout the organization, following closely to Project Management Principles.
* Provide support as a team member when RFID expertise is needed for cross-functional teams in pursuit of new solutions.
* Develop queries, reports, and Ignition solutions using RFID data and hardware.
This position will not have direct supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required.
Education, Experience and Skills
* Undergraduate degree in technology or business related field. Experience may be considered in lieu of a formal degree
* 1 to 3 years of experience in manufacturing or technology related fields
* RFID RPICA Certification is a plus
* Excellent planning and organizing skills, especially in project-oriented environments
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to build effective business relationships
* Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, SQL, and PowerBI. Skills in Ignition are a plus.
* A strong passion for innovation and initiative
* Management style and duties must be consistent with and support the current American Woodmark Vision and CITE principles.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common business and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to listen and communicate effectively with provider/clients in an effort to respond to common inquires or complaints from provider/clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community and public. Ability to develop presentations to be delivered to plant management, public groups, and/or top management.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as demand/supply management, statistical math calculations, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
Typical office and indoor manufacturing environments. Significant travel, both in and out of town, is required. Travel is typically by company car and commercial air carrier. Hours will vary as necessitated by projects and travel.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
American Woodmark does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, religion, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender; and it will comply with all applicable federal, state, and local discrimination laws. No person shall be denied employment solely because of any disability which is unrelated to the ability to engage in the essential functions involved in the position for which application has been made either with or without reasonable accommodations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled