Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Washington, Washington DC
Management of Corporate Accounting
Supervise the Senior Compliance Accountant and Senior Corporate Accountant.
• Develop, lead and ensure accountability for annual, semi-annual and quarterly goals.
• Oversee the complete and accurate recording of journal entries, preparation of variance analysis and compliance with monthly/quarterly close and reporting deadlines.
• Review non-payroll corporate balance sheet reconciliations and bank reconciliations and perform corporate-level review of income statement and balance sheet to ensure all transactions are completely and accurately recorded for all reporting periods.
· Assist in the preparation of the annual G&A budget and quarterly re-forecast process.
· Review all equity transactions and prepare supporting equity schedules.
· Review and coordinate debt accounting entries and ensuring their compliance with US GAAP. This includes collaborating with Finance on any new debt arrangements.
· Review and compile corporate revenue balances and prepare budget vs. actual analysis.
· Develop and implement process improvements related to Corporate Accounting.
· Implement and train the Corporate Accounting group on the set-up and use of a workload management tool (JIRA).
Management of Share-Based Compensation Plan
Supervise the administration and accounting for the share-based compensation plans.
• Responsibilities include:
• Review and ensure the accuracy of the calculation of share-based compensation expense.
• Ensure that award modifications are accounted for in accordance with GAAP.
• Oversee the company’s relationship with third-party specialists
Management of Accounts Payable
Supervise a cross-functional team in processing invoices and payments to the Company’s vendors.
• Planning, organizing and managing the operations and activities of the accounts payable function
• Coordinating and supervising internal communication strategy
· Develop and report on monthly and annual metrics
• Coordinate with Finance on the Company’s virtual card and ACH program
· Coordinate and lead educational trainings to internal stakeholders
· Oversee the Company’s 3rd party payment processing system
· Oversee the annual 1099 reporting process
Provide leadership expertise, project management, process design and team coordination for various business initiatives and projects.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Goal-oriented, organized, and strategic leader with emphasis on process optimization and project management skills.