Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New Castle, Delaware
The Service Manager is responsible to meet or exceed Service department goals at a branch. The SM directly supervises District Managers and has ultimate responsibility for the success of the Service department. The SM reports to the General Manager.
- Recruit, develop and motivate a highly productive team of promotable DM's and RSR's through continual coaching and training, regular meetings, actively training and developing DM's to become future SM's, fostering a positive work environment, projecting a professional image and building strong relationships with each DM or RSR. Also oversees disciplinary action taken in the department.
- Ensure customer loyalty and outstanding customer service. Hold DM's accountable for customer visits, audits, new installs, problem solving, open communication and negotiating with customers. The SM also participates in route ride-alongs and contacting customers on a regular basis.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are followed in the Service department, including safety, HR and Service SOP's. Oversee the maintenance of Driver Qualification files and maintenance of delivery vehicles.
- Oversee all new account installs and personally attend major and corporate account installs.
- Manage retention and growth by motivating the Service team to solicit new customers and retain current customers, up-sell/cross-sell/sample all lines of service or product and ensure a profitable product mix. Monitor and report competitive activity. Oversee promotions, contests and continued excellent customer relationships.
- Control department costs within budget constraints. Submit regular department progress to the General Manager.
- Leading the Service team to success, communicate changes and policies, oversee route organization for the branch, perform periodic route check-ins, make visits to Service Centers and cooperatively work with other departments in the branch.
- Safely operate company vehicles, following all applicable laws and company policy.
- Follow written and verbal instructions and perform other tasks as directed by the GM.
- Work with and support other branch personnel as required by the GM.
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license, and keep a driving record free of chargeable accidents, speeding, safety or other violations.
- Excellent skills in customer service, management and route sales.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills in English, comprehend and follow direction, add/subtract accurately, comprehend colors/sizes of textiles, excellent time management skills, a team leader.
- High School graduation or similar experience.
- Three years successful experience in the textile service industry.
- Frequently within the branch area. At times may have to perform the duties of a District Manager.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
- Operating vehicles on public roads, working in customer locations, office and service areas of a typical industrial laundry facility, Service Center or depot.
- Indoor and outdoor areas of a typical industrial facility.
Typical Physical Activity:
- Physical Demands/Requirements - sitting, grasping, driving, stooping, moving equipment, kneeling, reaching overhead, lifting up to 75 lbs, standing, walking, writing, speaking, hearing.