Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
As an integral part of the Retirement Solutions Division's Valuation team, you will be primarily responsible for maintaining, updating, and running the 5-year Plan projection model for Fixed Indexed Annuity (FIA) products in the Division. FIA is a rapidly expanding block of business with high visibility and technical complexity. This role provides an opportunity to balance meaningful engagement with senior management and building technical proficiency.
Target level is for an Assistant Actuary with flexibility to consider candidates at other levels. Candidates who meet most but not all of the requirements are encouraged to apply. Actual job offer and title will be based on level of experience and skillset.
* Ownership of the Plan model, and process, includes, but is not limited to:
* Projecting both assets and liabilities for financial forecasting purposes
* Communicate and present any findings and results with clarity and appropriate depth
* Explain profit emergence over a 5-year financial forecast
* Prepare financial statements for Finance and assist them in presenting the results to corporate
* Support Plan-to-actual comparisons
* Independently, recommending, and executing, coding changes to the model
* Escalate modeling issues and submit requests through appropriate channels
* Test and validate modeling enhancements and modifications including assisting in Company-wide model conversion from MoSes to Prophet
* Develop and recommend strategies to address issues and improve performance
* Ensure model results are accurate and timely
* Develop assumptions and process methodologies for FIA products
* Implement data and assumption controls and process improvements
* Support the quantitative analysis of model output and enhance reporting capabilities
* Demonstrate an organized, consistent, and streamlined approach in producing output
* Aid in the documentation of the projection processes
* Collaborate with colleagues in other departments and divisions. Interact closely with management and senior management of the valuation, pricing, risk management, and finance departments.
* Build strong relationships and seek out to provide actuarial interpretation and expertise to others within the division and corporate management
* Maintain and develop analytic tools to help explain the modeled results and movement from prior periods
* Maintain open and effective communication with manager
* Conduct ad-hoc analysis and other special projects, as required
FACTORS FOR SUCCESS:
* Bachelor s degree in actuarial science, finance, mathematics or related field or equivalent work experience
* ASA with 3+ years of actuarial experience
* Strategic thinking: ability to analyze changing circumstances and develop the best path forward
* Ability to bring together different resources
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* A fierce curiosity that drives drilling in to the details
* Ability to translate technical concepts to non-technical audiences succinctly
* Strong teamwork, relationship, and interpersonal skills. Ability to work with teams and coalitions.
* Ability to introduce innovative ideas and approaches in support of broader goals.
* Judgement, resourcefulness, and ability to distill complicated issues into something more manageable
* Ability to work independently and to manage long-term projects
* Working knowledge of FIA with guarantee benefits a plus
* Prior experience in Annuity Valuation a plus
* Advanced Excel, VBA, and database skills
* Creativity and initiative in designing and improving valuation processes
* Solid experience and strong skills in using actuarial modeling software; experience with PolySystems, MoSes and Prophet a plus
Join the Pacific Life team and watch your career grow! We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: Competitive salary and bonus program Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment in investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid) Generous vacation time and holiday pay And much more!
Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company.
About Pacific Life
For more than 150 years, Pacific Life has offered innovative products and services including life insurance, annuities, and mutual funds, along with a variety of investment products, all of which provide The Power to Help You Succeed. We firmly believe each employee plays a part in our continued growth and success, and we pride ourselves in providing a work environment that is challenging, inclusive, collaborative, and results-oriented. With a powerful past and a strong future, Pacific Life offers an environment where you re empowered to achieve your personal best. In return, we look to your passion and insight to help us grow. For additional company information, including current financial strength ratings, visit www.PacificLife.com.