Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Beverly, Massachusetts
Beverly, MA And Tyler, TX Corporate
American Renal Associates, a national provider of quality dialysis services, is experiencing rapid growth and we are searching for the right individuals to help continue our superb performance. We are currently accepting applications for the following position in our Corporate Regional Office, located in either TYLER, TX OR BEVERLY, MA:
PATIENT INSURANCE EDUCATOR
The Patient Insurance Educator ( PIE ) is responsible for educating patients regarding their insurance options, including providing information regarding eligibility for various insurance plans and distinguishing among health coverage options available to the patient. The PIE assists patients with applications for coverage in a Qualified Health Plan ( QHP ) through the Federal and State Exchanges and helps to facilitate enrollment in QHPs and insurance affordability programs such as the Children s Health Insurance Program ( CHIP ) and Medicaid ( Insurance Affordability Programs ).
* Complies with applicable federal and state Certified Application Counselor (CAC) certification and training requirements.
* Provides patients with information about the full range of Qualified Health Plan (QHP) options and Insurance Affordability Programs (as defined by CMS) for which patients are eligible which includes: providing fair, impartial, and accurate information that assists patients with submitting the eligibility application; clarifying the distinctions among health coverage options, including QHPs; and helping patients make informed decisions during the health coverage selection process.
* Assists with applications for coverage in a QHP through the Federal and State Exchanges and for Insurance Affordability Programs.
* Helps to facilitate enrollment in QHPs and Insurance Affordability Programs.
* Provides assistance to individuals with disabilities, either directly or through an appropriate referral to a Navigator, non-Navigator assistance personnel, or the applicable Exchange call center.
* Provides information in a manner that is culturally and linguistically appropriate to the needs of the population being served by the federal marketplace.
* Processes and complete mandatory documentation established by applicable regulations and policies.
* Assists with other projects and duties as assigned.
* Bachelor s degree in healthcare related field preferred. Equivalent healthcare experience will be considered.
* 1-3 years of experience in related field preferred.
* Completion of Patient Insurance Educator training program; May be required to complete federal and state Certified Application Counselor training and certification, including completion of any applicable additional training and certification requirements. Must comply with annual training and recertification requirements.
* Ability to demonstrate and maintain expertise in: eligibility and enrollment rules and procedures; the range of qualified health plan options and insurance affordability programs; the needs of underserved and vulnerable populations; and privacy and security standards.
* Advanced computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required.
* Strong oral and written communication skills required.
* Ability to exercise effective and independent judgment, sensitivity, and creativity to changing needs and situations.
* Ability to maintain discretion regarding business-related files, reports, and conversations, within the provisions of open records laws and other applicable state and federal statutes and regulations.
This is a Full-Time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. depending on assigned region of clinics. Involves up to 50% travel depending on assigned region. Frequently, travel is outside the local area and overnight.
ARA offers competitive pay and great benefits which include: health insurance, vision, dental, company-paid life insurance, company-paid disability, pet insurance, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, a generous paid time off program and company- sponsored celebrations. Please visit our website at www.americanrenal.com to learn more about us!
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES PLEASE COPY AND PASTE THE FOLLOWING LINK TO APPLY:
ARA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WE VALUE DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKPLACE.
DFWP/ EOE: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
DFWP/ EOE. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.