Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Portsmouth, New Hampshire
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
HEALTHCARE CORPORATION OF AMERICA (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
PORTSMOUTH REGIONAL is a 209-BED ACUTE CARE hospital located in Portsmouth, NH, and is part of HCA, the nation's largest provider of healthcare services. Portsmouth Regional Hospital serves the seacoast region's residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts and is one of the area's largest employers. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only LEVEL II TRAUMA CENTER on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction. Recently, we were named One of America's Best Hospitals for Joint Replacements through a National Study by Healthgrades. MOST RECENTLY, WE RECEIVED THE LEAPFROG 'A' HOSPITAL SAFETY GRADE.
Not only do our patients come first, but our employees do too! We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, student loan repayment, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, dental and identity theft protection.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Materials Specialist to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
* Demonstrates sound knowledge of surgical techniques, both routine and specialized, and performs in a professional manner. Applies this knowledge appropriately to develop and improve skills in assisting the surgeon and in the organization of work utilizing economy in time, motion and materials. *
* Exhibits the knowledge and skill in applying the principles of aseptic technique and infection control
* Demonstrates ability to use all equipment and supplies necessary for surgical procedures.
* Develops and demonstrates initiative in order to inquire and explore new surgical procedures and subject relating to the operating room and to the surgical patient. *
* Differentiates sterilization methods for special equipment and instruments necessary for specific surgical procedures.
* Demonstrates ability to retract, suction, irrigate, apply pressure and assist in homeostasis by use of assorted sponges in the surgical field under the direction of the surgeon.
* Orders supplies and restocks work area as assigned, assuring the availability of needed supplies.
* Performs co-circulating role with appropriate credentialing.
* Demonstrates self-direction above and beyond daily assignments and actively offers assistance to colleagues both within main OR's, cardiac OR's and various other surgical services units.
* Applies knowledge of surgical anatomy, physiology and operative techniques relative to the surgical procedure as first assistant. *
* Recognizes surgical hazards and initiates appropriate corrective/ preventive action.
* Provides hemostasis by clamping blood vessels, coagulating bleeding points, ligating vessels and by other means as directed by the surgeon. *
* Provides surgical exposure through the appropriate use of instruments, retractors, suction, sponging techniques and tissue handling. *
* Places and sutures drains as directed by the surgeon.
* Performs wound closure as directed by the surgeon; sutures peritoneum under the direct supervision of the surgeon, the fascia, subcutaneous tissue and skin layer closures do not require direct supervision of the surgeon. *
* Appropriately utilizes surgical instruments as directed by the surgeon during the operative procedure. Does not perform any trocar insertion during any type of operative procedure.
* Practices within the limitations of CSTFA educational preparation and experience. *
* Understands and exemplifies the professional accountability the CSTFA role entails. *
* Demonstrates the educational initiative relative to the job role and skill proficiency pertinent to first assisting. *
Accredited First Assistant Program and Internship
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.