Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Meriden, Connecticut
Company: Mirion Technologies(Canberra), Inc.
Execute projects that involve the design and assembly of complex systems for characterization of nuclear waste materials while focusing on the constraints of Safety, Quality, Cost, and Delivery. Position responsibilities include: customer relations, planning, organization, on-going compliance matrix assessment, financial and schedule assessment, and risk management with a drive of balancing all demands to an optimal result. Provide appropriate communications and assessment summary to upper level management to ensure early/effective interventions occur as required.
- Own several complex projects and deliver to S,Q,C,D &* customer objectives.
- Follow established processes for project management.
- Ability to interact with members of the project team to get status updates on their tasks to meet project objectives.
- Clearly communicate project progress through presentations/reports.
- Hold project team meetings, record action plans and task owners.
- Manage customer relationships and maintain strong communication while providing regular updates on projects.
- Run project risk sessions and record results in Risk registers and follow up on actions.
- Provide accurate financial forecasts for all projects with improvement plans to recover any margin deterioration.
- Bachelor of Science in technical or Engineering/ Sciences with strong project management skills OR Bachelor of Science in Business Management with a strong technical background
- 5+ years of project management experience
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Sense of ownership and commitment to meeting customer needs
- Good planning and organization skills with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to travel occasionally domestically and/or internationally.
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience working within a technical environment
- Understanding of physics, design, procurement, and manufacturing processes.
- Working knowledge of SAP or similar ERP/MRP systems.
- Good understanding of nuclear instrumentation market and applications.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Mirion Technologies, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or job applicants on the basis of sex, race, color, age, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, Vietnam era, disabled or other veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status or condition protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. The Company will make reasonable accommodation for qualified applicants or employees with disabilities upon request, as required by law.
Size:1000+ employeesOverview:Mirion is a leader in radiation safety, measurement and science. Built on 60 years of experience in research, problem-solving and product development, our team of over 1,800 talented professionals work to create solutions and advance innovation in our field. We're more than just product makers and problem solvers. We also draw on a deep sense of responsibility to share our knowledge and expertise with our customers. Combining state-of-the-art technology with exceptional customer service, Mirion is dedicated to providing an unmatched experience in radiation detection and instrumentation. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals across all functions who share our passion for technology, excellence and innovation.Our culture is team-based and progressive. If you are a highly motivated professional aspiring to excel in your field, Mirion may be the place to make a difference!About Mirion:Our organization is passionate about delivering world-class products, services, and solutions for radiation detection and protection. From our 29 operating facilities across North America, Europe, and Asia, Mirion offers products and services in these key areas:
- Health Physics - Radiation Detection and Protection Instruments
- Dosimetry Services - Radiation Monitoring Services
- Spectroscopy - Radiation Measurement Solutions
- Characterization - Decontamination &* Decommissioning, Waste Management
- Radiation Monitoring Systems - In-Plant and Safety Monitoring Systems
- Sensing Systems - Nuclear Reactor Sensing SystemsIn partnership with our customers in nuclear power plants, military and civil defense agencies, hospitals, universities, national labs, and other specialized industries, Mirion strives to deliver cutting-edge products and services that constantly evolve based on the changing needs of our customers..