Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Beverly, Massachusetts
Beverly, MA Corporate
The Staff Accountant I works in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and is responsible for the accounting cycle for 25-30 dialysis units. This individual provides oversight and direction for accounting transactions to ensure accurate and reliable financial information, adherence to SOX controls and compliance with GAAP.
* Responsible for the monthly close cycle for 25-30 dialysis units
* Responsible for coding and recording clinic bank activity and monthly bank reconciliations
* Reconcile cash funding summary and work with cash management to resolve variances.
* Record and reconcile straight line rent.
* Review fixed assets to ensure capitalization is consistent with ARAH s fixed asset policy; reclassify as necessary; record to and reconcile sub ledger to general ledger.
* Reconcile and review prepaid and accrual schedules.
* Organize and maintain auditable documentation and files
* Prepare and provide requested information for internal and external auditors
* Reconcile clinic debt and accrue interest if necessary.
* Review clinic financials, analyze outliers and variances; reclassify as necessary and record accruals as necessary.
* Reconcile clinic inventories and work with clinic personnel to resolve discrepancies.
* Verify and analyze A/P activities
* Separate and distribute BAI files.
* Compile item master for inventory roll forward.
* Record quarterly charge-backs.
* Compile inter-company pay-downs.
* Compile shipping cost analysis.
* Compile Activase analysis.
* Maintain sublease and research agreements monitoring, invoicing, reconciling, and recording necessary entries.
* Prepares financial statements
* Answers accounting and financial questions by researching, interpreting data, and performing analysis as requested by management and physician partners
* Administrative duties, such as running, collating and scanning financials; preparing binders for executives; mailings/emails for physician partners; printing bank statements, and filing bank statements and reconciliations in binders.
* Additional duties as assigned
* Bachelor s degree in accounting/finance or related field required.
* Understanding of debits and credits, and previous experience in accounting/finance background preferred.
* Basic understanding of GAAP
* Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel required.
* Experience with Great Plains accounting software and Sage software preferred.
* Experience with financial reporting, such as balance sheets and profit/loss statements preferred.
This is a Full Time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some flexibility in work hours is allowed. No travel will be expected for this position.
Qualified candidates please copy and paste the following link to apply:
ARA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER WE VALUE DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKPLACE.
DFWP/ EOE: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
DFWP/ EOE. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.