Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Kapolei, Hawaii
The Outside Operator is responsible for operating assigned processing, treating and/or distribution equipment by manual and/or instrument control under supervision.
* High School Diploma or GED required
* Documented successful training in an electro-mechanical operation or trade is preferred
* Successful employment in a previous industrial capacity is preferred
* Computer knowledge, skills and abilities desired
* Knowledge of basic chemistry and/or physics is desired
* Complies with and enforces established rules and regulations in use of safety and environmental equipment.
* Starts up and shuts down process equipment and systems such as pump, air coolers, reciprocating and centrifugal compressors. Maintains fired furnaces in good and safe operating conditions.
* Executes daily shift turnover effectively and attend daily safety meetings.
* Perform pipefitting duties.
* Monitors and adjusts process equipment, process flows, temperatures, levels and pressures.
* Assists in trouble shooting equipment and process-related problems.
* Recognizing hazards and taking action to eliminate and/or mitigate the situation.
* Use Stop Work authority as needed
* Draws product samples for quality control testing. Performs field quality control tests as required.
* Transfers products from tank to tank for blending and shipping.
* Maintains or fill out surveys, checklists, inventories and journals as necessary. Monitors maintenance requirements and prepares notifications for work.
* Maintains assigned work area and equipment in a safe, orderly and clean condition. Reports any unsafe or abnormal conditions.
* Attends emergency response classes and responds to refinery emergencies as required.
* Works closely with maintenance, environmental and inspectors
* Performs other duties as required.
* Must possess a valid driver's license.
* Must be able to use wrenches, screw-drivers, small-to-medium sized hand tools and measuring tapes.
* Must be able to respond to operational emergencies in the refinery.
* Must be able to communicate clearly both orally and in writing.
* Must be prepared to accept training in fire-fighting, CPR, first-aid and perform these functions.
Functional/Technical Skills: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
Decision Quality: Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
Par Pacific is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
You are protected by :http://jobinfo.com/file.php?id=56a7c6df400b0