Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Sunrise, Florida
Job ID: 16201
Rauland Florida has been serving the Healthcare and Education facilities throughout the state of Florida with integrated solutions. As a division of AMETEK, Inc., and sister company of Rauland a division of AMETEK, Inc., we promote these globally recognized products in addition to offering many other quality products, systems and services. www.rauland-fl.com
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices. AMETEK has over 15,000 colleagues at more than 120 manufacturing locations around the world.
AMETEK is a New York Stock Exchange-listed company (ticker symbol: AME) and a recent addition to the S&P 500. We strive to recognize, appreciate, and value diversity within our corporate culture.
Rauland Florida is seeking a Field Technician that will work closely with the project manager, site manager or supervisor, to make sure all necessary coordination is accomplished to meet schedule requirements, to make sure all systems are operational, tested, programmed and labeled. This position requires low voltage cable and device installation, troubleshooting and service. The typical customer environments are renovation of existing hospital and school facilities, as well as, new construction sites. You will be involved in the product installation of nurse call, critical communications, sound systems and low voltage systems.
• Responsible for working safely with hands, tools, ladders (pulling/terminating cables and installing devices/testing/troubleshooting). This role involves pulling low voltage cable from point A to point B.
• Required to follow company processes and procedure, to establish a time line for each project with the necessary dates required to coordinate the project and to get material to the job just in time (JIT) or as required by billing for cash flow purposes.
• Responsible to report to the assigned project location on time, with the proper tools and understanding of the work to be performed each day. It is the responsibility of all employees to help assure a quality completion, including testing as a system, labeling and correction of all deficiencies.
• Must be on time at job site, focused and accountable. Must be able to follow instructions and work with a team to problem solve.
• Required to document work, attend safety meetings/training and education.
• Minimum High School or GED.
• Electrical/Electronic experience is required.
• Electrical/Electronics, low voltage cable installation, troubleshooting, some construction related job experience
• 1- 4 year of experience.
• Knowledge of low voltage system/data cabling infrastructure.
• Team-oriented. Safety conscious. Positive attitude with strong customer service experience.
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills are required.
• Proficient in written and verbal English.
• Ability to climb ladders and lift cable boxes up to 50 lbs.
• Must have reliable transportation to drive to work sites. Must have own tools to work on projects.
This position will be based out of our Sunrise, FL office and will require travel to/from sites.
Additional Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Post-secondary school training is preferred.
• Prior Low voltage cable installation experience is a plus.
• Post-secondary electronics/computer systems experience is a plus
• Ability to read blueprints would be a plus. Basic programming skills would be a plus.
We are a smoke free/nicotine free environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.