Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
MOUNT AUBURN HOSPITAL - CAMBRIDGE, MA
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides competent compassionate nursing care based on scientific principles and the use of the nursing process.
2. Performs advanced nursing duties as needed for patients in the Radiology Department. a. Provides direct nursing care for patients undergoing vascular and nonvascular interventional procedures in the Radiology Department. b. Evaluates patient prior to invasive procedure, monitors vital signs during exam, recognizes and documents changes in status, and initiates proper nursing intervention under the direction of the radiologist when needed. Properly documents patient's status and care provided in the patient's chart. c. Administers medications, including IV narcotics upon the order of the radiologist following Patient Care Guidelines for Intravenous Conscious Sedation by the Board of Registration in Medicine, according to nursing, hospital, and radiology policy and procedure, without errors. d. Practices good radiation protection habits.
3. Demonstrates skill in using special equipment to include monitors, infusion pumps, oxygen equipment, and respirators, as observed by radiologists.
4. Maintains ACLS certification.
5. Interacts professionally and courteously with patients, co-workers, and medical staff.
6. Maintains and updates clinical knowledge and skills based on current nursing and healthcare practices by maintaining CEU requirements for Board of Registration in Nursing eligibility.
7. Is available on-call on a rotating basis as assigned after normal working hours. On-call response time is no longer than 1 hour (45 minutes or less is preferred).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Graduate of accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
2. Licensed in Nursing by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
3. Four years of nursing experience, including one year of full-time critical care experience.
4. Current ACLS certification.
5. Good interpersonal skills.
1. Requires standing for long periods of time, bending, pushing, pulling, reaching above the shoulder and head, moving about the department, lifting up to 49 pounds, grasping, good eye-hand coordination, fine hand manipulation, use of hand controls, and/or typing less than 40 wpm, more than 75% of the time.
2. Exposure to radiation, infectious diseases, blood and/or body fluids, chemicals, hazardous materials, and routine use of multiple "sharps" 75% of the time.
3. Ability to hear conversation, and to comprehend and communicate effectively in spoken and written English more than 75% of the time.
4. Ability to wear protective equipment such as gloves, masks, gowns, eye protection, and lead aprons 75% of the time.
5. Ability to work and move about in confined spaces.
6. Ability to set up and maintain Operating Room level sterility in procedure room during exams 100% of the time.
7. Ability to perform visual concentration at video display terminals 25% of the time.
Mount Auburn Hospital is a tobacco-free campus. We are an equal opportunity employer and we offer wonderful opportunities for advancement, so you re sure to find a position that suits your unique skills here.
We value equality and are committed to maintaining an environment in which employees, patients, and visitors are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, handicap, veteran s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.