Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Prattville, Alabama
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES:
- Receives work requirements from shipping supervisor.
- Must be able to read and understand shipping orders to determine shipping requirements.
- Load freight properly on outgoing trucks.
-Package freight for UPS/USPS transportation.
- Follow specified shipping directions or receive best carrier instructions from supervisor on price and /or quality service.
- Responsible for labeling items for special packaging as required by customer.
_ Assist department personnel with locating and transporting materials as needed.
_ Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
_ Reports any unsafe conditions to Supervisor/ Management.
- Will pull and print pick slips from computer.
- Ability to maintain 5S Warehouse standards.
- Other duties assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
-High attention to detail.
-Ability to perform math skills to include counting, addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must be able to make decisions corresponding to company policies and procedures.
-Must be functionally literate in the English language.
- Working knowledge of lift truck, hand jacks, computerized scales, wrapping machine, metal banding machine.
-Must have general computer knowledge.
-Must be able to see and hear in order to ensure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
-Must have the ability to lift, push, pull or move up to 50 lbs. on a frequent basis.Frequent standing, walking, bending stoop
ing, reaching, pulling, pushing, and lifting.