Posted in Other 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Brierfield, Alabama
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Perform duties involving the safe transport of raw stone to the primary crusher or other material to the area specified by loader operator; and perform all other tasks not specifically indicated.
RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
* Must comply with company, state and governmental health and safety regulations, policies and procedures at all times.
* Operates truck both safely and efficiently.
* Places truck in the most optimum position for loading as directed.
* Dumps rock or material in primary crusher hopper, stockpile for future reclaiming or other areas specified.
* Records loads dumped on operator report and turns in to supervisor at the end of shift.
* Using the required equipment checklist, performs a pre-shift safety and mechanical check.
* Checks fuel, oil, water, tires, drive shaft, belts, etc. for proper servicing, reporting to supervisor any defects noted.
* Keep truck clean at all times.
* When truck is empty, will stop and clean spillage in truck path.
* Park truck in specified parking area at end of shift.
* Drive water truck when assigned, wetting down all plant and quarry roads.
* Perform related work and clean-up duties as assigned.
* Reports promptly any potential operational or safety problems to supervision.
* Maintain a clean and orderly quarry operation.
* Must perform all tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Must have valid driver s license.
* Must be capable of working any shift, overtime, be on-call, or work seven days a week, if needed.
* Must be able to multi task with a strong sense of urgency to meet the customer needs.
* Must be able to work well within a team environment and take instructions from management and co-workers.
* Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently.
* Must possess the basic reading and math skills.
* Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong record of attendance reliability.
* Must know, understand and observe all department and plant safety rules and maintain a high level of housekeeping in assigned work areas.
* Must be capable of performing the essential job duties required of this job.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Must be physically able to perform work assigned.
* Must be physically capable of accessing all plant/quarry locations.
* Access all areas within a site which could include heights of 120 feet, confined spaces, climbing ladders or stairs, and accessing tunnels.
* Will be working at times in covered environment but mainly in a lime/mineral environment.
* The employee will be exposed to the following working conditions: Extreme Heat and Cold, Noise, Vibration, Oils, and Atmospheric Conditions such as Dust, Fumes, and Lime/Mineral Particles.
* The employee will be required to perform the following actions (from time to time): Standing, walking, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, talking, seeing, hearing and sitting.
* Ability to occasionally lift/carry 35 pounds.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: 1-2 years. Previous heavy manufacturing and/or mining experience is highly preferred. Previous heavy equipment experience is desired.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
Lhoist North America offers a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, and vacation. LNA also supports employee work-life balance with telecommuting and compressed workweek options for many positions.
Lhoist North America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.