Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Mogadore, Ohio
Who is Georgia-Pacific? Watch to find out!
We are a Corrugated Packaging Facility and we sell corrugated boxes and sheets in a wide variety of flutes, paper combinations, sizes and quantities. We are easy to do business with and our customer recognized for us our service and quality. We specialize in short to large orders quantities and specialty products too. This is a fast paced environment because of the nature of our business and requires quick changes on the production line to meet customer demands and deliveries.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
• Providing leadership on the operating floor and striving for compliance in
safety, health, environmental, and quality.
• Coaching, training, and developing operations personnel in safety, quality,
production, problem solving.
• Technical and interpersonal communication skills
• Drive ongoing improvements in Safety, quality, service and production.
• Ongoing focus on reducing downtime and waste.
• Continued emphasis on cross-training and building the bench strength of his
• Addressing key issues and concerns; and interacting with employees from
other departments to ensure quality, on-time production.
• Ensure all employees are working in a safe manner.
• Exemplify and drive MarketBased Management® (MBM®) culture.
• Ensure quality standards are met on a continuous basis.
• Ensure best practices are being followed for minimization of waste at machine
• Engage in continuous improvement opportunities and provide leadership/action
plans for gap closure.
• Lead plant safety, housekeeping, and 6S efforts.
• Partner with the reliability and maintenance team to ensure machines are
maintained to specifications
• Plan, assign and direct work for all hourly production employees; appraise
performance and provide feedback as needed; assist in resolving complaints;
hold employees accountable as needed; pro-actively communicate issues and
What You Will Need:
• High School diploma or GED
• Experience working in corrugated packaging or containerboard industry on a
• A minimum of 2 years of experience supervising employees within a
manufacturing, production, industrial or military environment
• Availability to work shift work, holidays and overtime as needed
• Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations
with or without reasonable accommodation
• Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as Word (to write business
correspondence), Excel (for use of spreadsheets, reporting, simple formulas)
and Outlook (for internal and external correspondence)
What Will Put You Ahead?
Why Work For GP?
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
We're part of your everyday life. From the walls of your home to the Dixie® plates on your table, the boxes at your local grocery store or the Quilted Northern® in your bathroom, there's a good chance a Georgia-Pacific product is nearby. We need people like you: People who can help us make life's simple necessities better.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf