Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Orlando, Florida
* A total of three years experience working on tree trimming crews or clearing crews and must successfully complete a Crew Leader Technical Knowledge & Skills Certification.
* Demonstrate a general knowledge of trees including: identification, growth habits and correct arboriculture techniques for the trimming, pruning, repairing, maintaining and removing.
* Know and understand the American National Standards for tree care operations ANSI Z133.1.
* Know and understand all AOPs that apply to the Crew Leader's job description.
* Have a valid driver's license, CDL and/or medical certificate as required for the vehicle being operated.
* Have a valid First Aid and CPR card.
* Must demonstrate ability to communicate, both verbally and in writing, with general public, customers and fellow employees.
* Must have and maintain a Herbicide Applicators or Operators Certification license as required by Lewis Tree Service Policy and state, local and federal law.
* Must have met all qualifications of Top Trimmer.
Nature of duties:
* Supervises crew and is responsible for the proper administration, informing and enforcement of supervisory practices and economic work practices, such as training, pay practices, employee indoctrination and follow up, disciplinary action, absenteeism policy, informing employees, quantity and quality of work production, adherence to enforcement of safety practices and other employee relations responsibilities and interpretation and application of union agreement where applicable.
* Is responsible for promoting sound relations with their employees on all personal matters for exercising fair and reasonable judgment in settling employee misunderstandings. When such employee misunderstandings result in grievance, the crew leader is responsible for the employee's furnishing the supervisor a report of the facts. The crew leader represents or assists the General Foreman in representing the division and company at the initial step of the grievance procedure.
* Is responsible, with approval of the general foreman for the hiring, firing, promotion, disciplinary action of all employees assigned to their crew. Is subject to intermittent supervision by the General Foreman according to the size of company operations in the area. The crew leader must also be capable of responsible, independent action that will mutually benefit both the utility and Lewis Tree Service, Inc. Directs the crews in the field and performs the following job tasks as required or assigned:
o Trims trees, involving climbing and working in trees.
o Removes trees and brush, clean-up and dispose of all debris. Secure appropriate permits for disposal, when necessary.
o Operates power equipment such as truck, power saws, power winch, aerial lift, chipper, sprayer, pneumatic tools; Uses ladders and hand tools such as axes, hand lines, saws, block and tackle, pruners, etc.
o Sprays brush and stumps; making proper application of spray chemicals to prevent damage to desirable vegetation.
* Receives and interprets tree trimming, removal and spraying orders initiated by General Foreman or representative of the customer. This involves an understanding of drawings and symbols representing types of lines, voltage, line equipment, etc.
* Plans and lays out daily work for crew. Considers such factors as ability to get power equipment to locations, time required to complete work, clean-up time, equipment available, weather conditions, customer's permission, etc. The need for close supervision and proper rigging to avoid accident or property damage in removing large trees in cramped space. Performs a Pre-Job Hazard Survey at each job site with all crew members and assigns work task based on individual's knowledge skills and abilities. Enforces safe practices, arranging the overhead line dispatch for rubber hose protection on energized wires, or requests of shut-down of high voltage lines. Recognizes poisonous plants and uses proper safeguard. Is responsible for the conduct of safety training of assigned personnel and accordance with good safety training procedures, this in addition to and in coordination with client company policies and procedures.
* Obtains oral or written permission from property owners to trim or remove trees. Arranges with customer or property owner to obtain access; advises of interruption, explains work to be done, etc. Discusses responsibility for apparent damage to property; repairs minor damage, refers controversial cases to General Foreman. In general, promotes and maintains good customer and public relations through the proper accomplishment of assigned work and through the proper behavior of employees under their direction.
* Responsible for the maintenance and accuracy of all record and reports related to the performance of crew operations. Furnishes General Foreman and utility representative with reports of orders completed, units of work completed, crew time and distribution, etc. Periodically furnishes reports on accidents, truck breakdowns, private property damage, new employee follow ups, etc. May be delegated the authority to investigate accident reports, damage claims, etc.
* Responsible for control of crew costs including such factors, as effective use of crew members, work methods, proper amount of trimming, operation of equipment, etc.
* Considers inclement weather conditions and determines when to start or cease work, dependent upon its effect on the employees and the nature of the work.
* Safeguards employees and public (especially children) from hazards in and around work area. Cooperates with customer, police and fire departments when blocking streets or driveways. Sets up barriers, warning signs, markers, etc. to protect employees and the public. Follows and enforces safe work practice, rules and policies.
* Responsible for the inspection, proper working condition and necessary repairs to tools, truck and other work equipment. Request major repairs or replacements when necessary. Maintains good housekeeping on trucks and at work locations. Responsible for the respectful appearance of personnel on their crew.
* Keeps informed on the new equipment specifications, standard practices, operating procedures, division and company employee relations policies and practices, union agreements, etc. Conducts field training or retraining and instructs crew on new or revised job units.
* In emergency situations, determines action to be taken to eliminate hazards to life and property and the trimming and removal of trees to expedite the restoration of service. If necessary, the calling out of crew personnel and performing other activities connected with emergency work. Must maintain a current list of locations where crew personnel may be contacted at any time.
* Crew leaders must maintain dialogue with customers, property owner general public, other contractors and representatives of Utility and Governmental agencies.
* Insuring the work is done in a professional manner with full disclosure to all parties will enhance our ability to obtain future permissions for all tree work.
* In addition to above performs other duties as required or assigned.
Lewis Tree Service - Equal Opportunity Employer.