Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Green Bay, Wisconsin
# of Openings
Category (Portal Searching)
Under the general instruction of the CPC Management team, the CPC Processor I is responsible for data entry of patient and requestor information which is used to identify whose medical records are being released, who should be billed, and who should receive the requested information. The Processor will also review the information to be released for accuracy and insure that the request is billed properly according to established billing rates. All while insuring that the high standards of quality and 24 hour processing time threshold are maintained.
* Maintains a high level of professionalism and good rapport with co-workers and members of management
* Maintain open lines of communication with other employees and members of management in regards to any problems, complaints, incidents, etc. immediately.
* Maintain compliance with company policies and procedures.
* Performs work in accordance with the training and direction provided and adheres to facility specific procedures
* Conduct data entry, in our proprietary software application, of patient, billing, and shipping information of all requests received within 24 hrs.
* Review and Correct data entry of patient, billing, and shipping information.
* Review medical records being released for accuracy.
* Perform the billing of each request processed.
* Maintains productivity, quality assurances, and customer service standards.
* Maintains confidentiality by keeping all information seen and heard in the strictest confidence.
* Attends mandatory employee in-service meetings and/or training sessions, if so directed.
* A High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
* Must be able to communicate (both verbal and written) effectively in the English language.
* Experience in a medical records or health care setting would be beneficial.
* Medical Terminology class is strongly encouraged.
* Required to take and pass a 90-day ROI Certification course with a score of 85% or higher.
* Passing annual Introductory HIPAA examination. (Testing to be given annually in accordance with employee review.)
Ciox provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to as race, color, national origin, genetic information, religion or religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, ancestry, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic as protected by state or federal law. Equal employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, leaves of absence, and training.