Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Northlake, Illinois
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery , Otis Spunkmeyer , and Oakrun Farm Bakery . We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 20 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
General Description: Operates various types of commercial food processing equipment, keeps records of production through put and material usage on a daily basis within his/her production line. Assists in training of new personnel as well as filling in for absent employees. Reporting to Line lead.
* Responsible for operation of equipment/Mfg line, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products per production guidelines.
* Ensures compliance with Production/Packaging procedure/practices as well as inspecting all areas within the Mfg line/equipment for any operational and/or mechanical issues as well as taking corrective action and notifying supervision and/or management.
* Assists supervision in standardizing procedures/practices to improve line efficiency and/or product quality.
* Follow all Good Manufacturing Practices
* Expected to work in other areas as needed
* Work safely, follow proper Lock-out/Tag-out procedure where applicable
* Be proactive in preparing for all daily runs
* Review production orders, sequence and amount of batches
* Follow proper sequence how to run dough due to allergens
* Order materials as needed
* Inspect ingredient bin, ensure all scoops are there and lids are not broken
* Inspect scaling containers to make sure they are in good condition
* Inspect mixing area for good housekeeping
* Set up line based on production schedule
* Ensure to follow proper bag and box opening procedure
* Scale all ingredients according to formula, only variation is ice and water ratio due to temperature requirement. Mix time may change due to flour spec.
* Use a dedicated egg container for scaling
* Ensure lots are the same when filling ingredient bins (if not, finish all old and pour in new lot)
* Remove old "lot" tag and place new "lot" tag
* Maintain all ingredient bins covered
* Record "actual" and "lot" numbers
* Complete all documents, production orders, batch sheets, temperature, reusable trim where it applies
* If allergens are produced follow proper allergen procedure, tag line/equipment that needs cleaning
* Maintain line clean and organized
* Return all unopened materials to warehouse clean
* Fill out all documents ,production orders, batch sheets, temperature, reusable trim where it applies
* If Allergens are produced follow proper Allergen procedure, tag line/equipment that needs cleaning.
* Maintain line clean and organized.
* Return all unopened materials to warehouse clean.
* This position is also responsible for food safety and legality.
* Support quality control programs to ensure production procedures are in compliance with best practices food safety and quality standards.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* Education/Experience Requirements: HS Diploma or GED, and (1) one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Physical Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands, handle or feel objects. Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
ARYZTA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.