Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Orlando, Florida
Accurate and timely execution of all assigned tasks in accordance with standard operating procedures, work instructions and supervisor direction. Distribution of workload and workflow for members of their assigned area to ensure assigned work is completed timely and accurately. Serves as a resource to lead and supervisor and back up to team members. Supports productivity, quality and safety efforts by accurately operating production equipment, assisting in troubleshooting and rectifying issues, and participating in development of policies and procedures.
Perform sterile IV compounding, non-sterile compounding, basic specialty pharmacy dispensing functions, etc.
Note: this position will be required to adhere to USP 797 Standards regarding jewelry, makeup, fingernails and clothing.
* Perform compounding functions within adherence to USP 797 and other compounding rules and regulations in an ISO 5 environment.
* Perform required cleaning and disinfecting of clean room, ante room, hood and equipment.
* Ensure appropriate distribution of workload and workflow for assigned area including shifting resources and backfilling as needed.
* Accurately and responsibly operate production equipment to include, but not limited to, changing labels, cleaning printers, monitoring production equipment, restocking materials.
* Ensure appropriate teams are informed of equipment malfunctions.
* Serve as the first line resource for questions/issues for team members in coordination with supervisor.
* Promote a positive work environment for team that supports high employee morale and job satisfaction.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High School diploma, GED or equivalent work experience.
* Three to five years Pharmacy Technician experience.
* Pharmacy Technician license / certification / registration as required by Florida state law.
* Previous sterile compounding experience and USP 797 knowledge is strongly preferred; Initial, periodic and validation training as required by USP 797.
* General PC knowledge and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
* Knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within dispensing pharmacy.
* Strong attention to detail with good organizational skills.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
* Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment, learn quickly, solve problems and make decisions.
* Ability and desire to assist team members.
* Ability to work 10-hour shifts, Monday-Thursday, with alternating day off during the week. Willingness to possibly rotate through a Monday-Friday 8-hour shift.
* Minimal travel may be required.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Through the range of healthcare products and services Accredo offers, team members provide in-depth care for patients with chronic health conditions like hemophilia, oncology, rheumatoid arthritis and growth hormone deficiencies. In addition to the wide range of healthcare products offered to these patients, we provide comprehensive management services, including outcomes measurement, counseling, clinical care management programs, social services and reimbursement services. In these very high-touch roles, employees leave every day knowing they made a positive impact on patient lives.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
At Express Scripts, we dare to imagine a better health care system, and we re driven to make it happen. Where some see obstacles, we see possibilities. We re challengers, difference-makers and opportunity-seekers, united with our partners in pursuit of a simpler, more sustainable system and better health for all.
We have always acted first to take on the toughest challenges. We uniquely partner across the health care ecosystem to uncover opportunities, take action, advance health care and deliver better outcomes like no one else can. We believe health care can do more. We are Champions For BetterSM.
Express Scripts, part of Cigna Corporation, unlocks new value in pharmacy, medical and beyond to further total health for all..
Express Scripts is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran