Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Jamaica, New York
RTW Retailwinds, Inc. is a specialty women's omni-channel and digitally enabled retailer with a powerful multi-brand lifestyle platform providing curated lifestyle solutions that are versatile, on-trend, and stylish at a great value. The specialty retailer, first incorporated in 1918, has grown to now operate 410 retail and outlet locations in 35 states while also growing a substantial eCommerce business. The Company's portfolio includes branded merchandise from New York & Company, Fashion to Figure, Happy x Nature, Uncommon Sense, and collaborations with Eva Mendes, Gabrielle Union and Kate Hudson. Its branded merchandise is sold exclusively at its retail and outlet locations and online at www.nyandcompany.com, www.nyandcompanycloset.com, www.fashiontofigure.com, www.happyxnature.com, and www.uncommonsense.com. Additionally, certain product, press releases and SEC filing information concerning the Company are available at the Company's website: www.nyandcompany.com.
OVERVIEW:The AM ensures the service and selling environment within the store is fun and engaging for customers at all times. The AM is responsible for one or more of the following functions within the store: Sales/Credit, Talent, Customer and/or Operations.
- Modify and execute in-store business strategies to drive sales results and achieve individual and store goals in line with Company initiatives; Demonstrate a high-level of business acumen and understanding of Company reporting
- Implement plans/directions/schedules and act with a sense of urgency to meet the changing priorities, store needs and demands of the business
- Effectively promote all brand initiatives, including credit, to achieve individual and store goals
- Hold the team accountable for performance in partnership with the Store Manager to improve key metrics and drive sales
- Implement the talent strategy to develop a high-performing and engaged store team accountable for results
- Support talent onboarding and training; Provide store team with in-the-moment feedback and coaching on selling behaviors, customer service, operational tasks, merchandising, etc.
- Support the ongoing development of the team, including identifying and resolving performance issues and policy violations, in partnership with the Store Manager
- Network, recruit, interview and hire for open positions and build a bench of talent
- Maintain a store culture that is committed to exceeding customer expectations and delivering the highest level of customer service at all times
- Communicate customer feedback, best sellers, business trends and recommendations to the Store Manager
- Apply fashion knowledge to make product recommendations and style customers on the sales floor and in the fitting room
- Balance customers and tasks simultaneously using good judgment and teamwork
- Oversee merchandise standards to maximize sales within the store and escalate issues accordingly
- Manage the visual presentation execution, including floorset and promotional updates; provide pictures as requested and escalate issues accordingly
- Ensure that the sales floor is full, sized, organized and clean and the backroom is to brand standard
- Support the store's compliance to all Company policies and procedures, including the New York & Company Code of Business Conduct and Loss Prevention policies
- Conduct routine store audits as directed and formulate strategies to improve results with the Store Manager
- Implement strategies to achieve store shrink goals in partnership with the Store Manager
- Orchestrate proper floor coverage to meet business needs
- Proactively monitor store payroll and all other controllable expenses in partnership with the Store Manager
- Maintain store safety standards and identify, resolve, and escalate store maintenance issues as needed
- Perform transactions including ringing at the Sales & Services desk, processing shipment, etc.
- 1 year of retail management experience preferred
- Physical ability to be on the sales floor for extended periods of time, and to move and handle merchandise and fixtures throughout the store which may entail lifting, and perform all functions as set forth above
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends and holidays, based on business needs
- Strong leadership presence, fashionable, passionate, acts with integrity, driven, accountable and a team player
- Demonstrated track record of success in achieving sales/credit goals, talent management, customer service, visual merchandising/marketing, and operations
- Minimal travel may be required
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required; BA/BS degree preferred
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.
As an equal opportunity employer, RTW - Retailwinds does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, gender, sexual orientation, genetic disorder, age, religion, disability, national origin, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. RTW - Retailwinds only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.
Prometric Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disability