Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Syracuse, New York
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN SYRACUSE, NY
Everyday we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are therewhen people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy deliverytoday and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
As part of the Business Services Leadership Team this role accountable for the overall management of Employee Services, including the Response Teams. Provides leadership, strategic direction and prioritization for all Employee Services activities, which includes the administration of all benefit programs for active and retired employees, Human Resource Master Data and implementation of all employee services related policies. This role works closely with Human Resources, Labor, Payroll, Legal and a significant number of outsourced benefit service providers.
• The Director of Employee Services partners with leaders across the global organization to ensure that Employee Services provides efficient and effective services (within the Hire to Retire process) to employees and supports the current and future needs of the business.
• The Director of Employee Services creates and drive a culture of high performance, continuous improvement, innovation and quality with a focus on delivering the highest quality transactional services across National Grid and driving significant and sustainable process improvements that align with the Company’s short and long-term strategic vision.
• Responsible for the execution and administration of HR and Benefits plans, programs, and policies, including providing input and direction to ensure execution meets the needs of employees.
• Establish performance targets for Employee Services in conjunction with the client and develops plans to ensure targets are met through continuous evaluation, quality assurance and focused improvement efforts.
• Manage all special HR processing requests and approve/disapprove based on strategic vision, service level agreements, budgets, Employee Services’ capacity, and enterprise implications.
• Responsible for overall Employee Services’ budget.
• Ensure compliance with relevant data privacy and data protection policies and regulations.
• Accountable for the selection of Health and Welfare, Master Data, Defined Benefits, and Defined Contributions providers, negotiate contracts, and establish Service Level agreements to ensure they are providing the best value and level of service for National Grid.
• Recruit, motivate and develop a professional Employee Services team in order to inspire commitment and engagement and improve long term performance.
• Professionally qualified within HR with at least 10 years of knowledge and experience of HR. Experience working in a Business Service or outsourcing environment (through SLAs).
• Demonstrates the ability to translate National Grid policies into processes and procedures and address multiple layers of a problem and balance the value of alternative solutions.
• Demonstrates strong negotiating and influencing skills with the ability to make persuasive arguments for change. Is visionary in understanding the issues which National Grid is facing today with the ability to make complex ideas or situations clear, simple and easy to understand.
• Proven experience in developing and evolving an organization that interfaces with employees, vendors, HR business owners, unions and technology
• Proven executive level competencies, specifically leadership, communications, partnerships, process and change management.
• Is recognized as a credible and knowledgeable expert on employee services and builds collaborative networks internally and externally to improve understanding and knowledge of best practices.
• Experience of managing and integrating the work of internal and external teams and demonstrates the ability to provide direction, the appropriate structure and effective resourcing to ensure high levels of performance.
• Encourages innovation and challenges to existing ways of working and processes – able to communicate rationale for change to senior stakeholders.
• Experience of managing customer/supplier relationships and demonstrates the ability to build an independent opinion of needs, problems and/or opportunities and design appropriate solutions.
• Understands how best to utilize teams, processes and contracts in order to drive greater performance, taking into account the wider business context
• Reports: approximately 8 Direct; approximately 60 Indirect reports.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.